Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650, Playbook
My Carrier: Cellcom

Re: Forgot File Sharing Password

Still no luck recovering my password.  I've typed in about everything I can thing of.  I'm wondering if something got corrupted?  I found this post in another forum, so may not be the only one with the issue:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=623046

I am sure I could do a factory re-install but I don't feel like having to do that again.  Anyone else come up with anything?

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860 & Playbook 64G
My Carrier: Celcom

i dont even remember having one... when did one entered the password?

My Device: Bold 9700, Playbook
My Carrier: Pelephone

I'm having the same problem...

I know my security password, but forgot my wifi sharing password.

Shouldnt you be able to reset the wifi password using the security password?

Anyone got an idea that might not include a wipe or factory reset?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Join the club of the enlightened. I had to wipe my PB too and now UN and PW are the same: 'playbook' so I don't forget but we need it to get WiFi working or just USB based file transfer. Windows does not allow network access without a password. Back up what is important and let out a sigh ...and go forward...Good luck,matt
Contributor
My Device: Playbook

" I should be able to reset the file sharing password that I've forgotten with my PB / BB password and not have to remember the specifiec PB password I've set. "

If one can reset a password without knowing the current password or go thru some resetting protocol such as via email, the password is pretty useless.  

Contributor

" I should be able to reset the file sharing password that I've forgotten with my PB / BB password and not have to remember the specifiec PB password I've set.  "

That's pretty scary.  If I were RIM, I would look into how this is being done and close that door. 

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: n/a

I've forgotten it too. I woulda thunk the File Sharing password could be reset as long as you know your PlayBook password (afterall, all files on the device can be accessed as long as one knows the PlayBook password anyways)

Luckily I don't need to transfer files, and even if I did, there's the Box app, Dropbox, and of course usb.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Mtel

Hi guys,

Here is a simple way to remove that password.
Go to desktop software and create full backup.
After that wipe out your playbook. It will restart, go trough initial setup and if there is new os it will ask you to update. Do that and now you have new installed playbook.
Go back to desktop software and restore it, but choose only apps and media, not settings. You'll have to set up everything manually.

Good luck!
If you like my answer, hit like.
Thanks!