Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10 / Passport
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: Full and complete BB10 On Playbook - Fair, Just and Deserved.

Gunpackingsaint wrote:

When it's all said and done,  I still own my BB Playbook and don't have the guts to grab a hammer and destroy it.   What I love about the PB are those front facing speakers.   My Incipio case with a kickstand makes it ideal for outdoor and indoor use.   The only other tablet that has front facing speakers are the Samsung tables... I think.   I know RIM screwed us over (those that paid more than $150) -  I'm waiting to see what they'll do to make things right.   I read somewhere that they plan on doing something for all those disheartened fans.   Discount for the next PB,  possibly?  What do you'll think?  

I think it is not worth holding your breath. I am not going to give anymore money to a company who acts in the way BlackBerry have with BB10 and the PlayBook so whatever truth there is in what you say they can keep their discount. The fact BlackBerry have killed the PlayBook is sad but the way they have done it is shocking.  An epic fail by BlackBerry who given their current financial state should be wooing customers not driving them away.  

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10 / Passport
My Carrier: O2 UK

JohnyBGood wrote:

It's because the Playbook has awesome speakers, handles Flash and is an all-around a good tablet that I am so frustrated.  It can handle all the Apps that we're being deprived of.  It's like someone dying at age 30.  It's tragic because it's premature...  The Playbook is good, but could have been great.

Absolutely spot on there. Well said, I totally agree.  

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gig ,Z10
My Carrier: bell

It was a mistake to offer bb10 for PB before knowing if it would work but had they released it ianyway nobody would be happy with the performance so it is  what it is. Now they should fix the bridge so it could do what the old bb7 can do. I have 3 PB's and they have been great but let's face facts the hardware is 2 years old and technology doesn't stand still.