Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

[ Edited ]

Ok, OS 1.0.5 is out. Nothing major though I believe someone mentioned the ability to choose between "shutdown, stand by, and restart". That's there now.

Also, for one of my previous requests I wanted to be able to change language because... well go back to I think page 10 and you can try to find it on my list. Here it is. Well, regardless, it's there now. The issue is that if you follow my previous steps and go to the language option, it still lists the default language. But if I select the language drop-down and reselect it will fix the "problem" mentioned.

With it a couple more things:

Additions:

• Simple "connect" button on WiFi instead of save and connect.
  • Before I mentioned "preinstalled apps that are removed remain removed", I'd like to add on to that "preinstalled shortcuts that are removed remain removed"

Bridge:

• Work on overlapping calendar events, they just don't look... right.

That's all for now. Hopefully another update will come out within a couple weeks instead of a month (since this was just a minor update).

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Proximus

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

[ Edited ]

THIS! ...

BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 now alerts you if you are using an incorrect charger with your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. For example, if you accidentally plug a BlackBerry smartphone charger into the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet you will now receive an alert on the screen to let you know that this charger will not charge your tablet.

Just tested it! you will be able to charge with some european charges... not all grrr Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

we also get the little red star on the messages icon, would really be useful if the light blinked like on my tour for when my screen times out. and in bridge files my tour files are seen but......they all say 0bytes, as if there wasnt anything on my tour which has a 16GB microSD in it, but it is progress, nothing used to come up. i believe most of the uptates are really to lay the groundwork for when the Android player arrives.
From an Apple or Android device
Trusted Contributor

nope i was wrong!!!!!! as soon as i took my tour off the charger i can dive right into the phone files from my PB......GREAT JOB YA'll, lets keep it going!!!!!!!!

im so happy i could just pee on myself!!!!!!!!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

pulling pics from my tour sends me to photos but the pics on my tour arent there.
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

@grissom: Same, on a similar note I just want to be able to listen to music stored on my BlackBerry. The speakers on the PlayBook are great.

On a side note, this: http://crackberry.com/why-i-ve-had-such-hard-time-mastering-blackberry-playbook-s-keyboard

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Trusted Contributor

yes the speakers are a marvel. now the seriousness......cloud is here....big and bad.....hope android player and a cloud team, and more USEFUL apps all come rushing like the waters over the levies during Katrina
Trusted Contributor

on the BB site under tablets, then apps it says and i quote "Discover a whole new world of potential apps built and optimized for the blackberry playbook tablet. plus run many of your favorite apps for blackberry smartphones and android. all available in blackberry app world"

someone please help me find the app world they are talking about
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Actually it says "powerful" apps, but technically you are correct:  it should read "potential" apps

...those apple fart apps are looking pretty good compared to some of the cheesy games I've downloaded for the PB so far.

Smiley Happy