Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

Ok.. here are a few things I would like to see..  I'm sure that I'll be repeating some other things that have been posted but if RIM sees that multiple people are posting the same or similar requests then maybe they will become a priority in future updates.

Also, i don't have a BB Phone, I have an iPhone 4 that I can make my WiFi hotspot and works great for me, so the bridging thing isn't useful for me.

1. Updates available after 4 or 5 new fixes or added features.  If we have to wait months for updates then some Playbook owners will be getting disenchanted with RIM.

2. I know this has been posted before but SPELL CHECK would be Good!!

3. Curser keys for easy editing of text.

4. An e-mail app so I can get my e-mail through WiFi anyplace I have connectivity to WiFi.

5. A background running app that is partially transparent that simulates the spacebar and cursor keys for play Flash games that require them.

6. Netflix app for streaming videos.

7. Pandora app for streaming music..  Pandora works through the browser but as soon as you go to another tab or app, it stops.

8. The ability to rename and add my own tabs so I have more then just "All", "Favorites", "Media" and "Games"

9.  The ability to have folders in the "tabs" areas so I can divide apps into further catagories.  Ex. in the "Games" tab I would like to divide my games into catagories such as "Puzzles", "Arcade", "Action", tc.

10. Added e-book apps such as Kindle and Nook so I can use an already existing account that I have and port my books over.

11. The ability to print to my printer that is connected to my PC through the WiFi.

12. The ability to have multiple browses ope at the same time instead of just browser tabs.

13. The ability to have 2 apps running at the same time in a "split" screen side-by-side mode.  Ex. Browser on one side and Word to Go on the otherside.

14. App World - My World to show all apps that need an updat at the top of the list.

I'm sure I will have more but these are the ones that I can think of now..

New Contributor

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

Oh.. a Flycast and iHeart Radio app...

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

I honestly think that arrow keys on the keyboard is a horrible idea. They should just extend similar functionality found in the document editor suite. Basically to change the location, you tap on the text and a little arrow appears which points to your current location, and you can drag this to your desired position. It would pretty much be like the copy and paste slider thing but it would be one instead of two. Please no arrow keys though!

New Contributor

That would work.. Or something similar to the iPhone that as you hold your finger on the text it displays a magnifying glass above your finger and shows you where the cursor is and moves as you slide your finger.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Proximus

I would agree to be innovative on the arrow keys, but it has to be fast!

a move + maginfy + place cursor to go 2 letters back takes way much more time then 2 quit clicks on an arrow.

regards

Alex

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

the "arrow" to indicate cursor location in docs to go is way too sensitive, lifting your finger causes the cursor to move
From an Apple or Android device
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

3 more things:

1. Apps that are clearly non-OS must be removable (or at least hidable) and not reinstalled via an OS update.  (e.g. Bing Map, Slacker Radio)

2. Make the swipe sensitivity of the browser configurable, because there are many times when I try to drag some contents inside the browser, the entire browser area is moved instead.

3. App World - please give me a simple way to view all updates.  Right now I have to scroll down and find apps marked with a star.  When you have 100s of apps installed this will be totally unscalable.  Maybe put them all on top like Android Market does?  Maybe a new category that only show apps with updates?

New Contributor

I have another suggestion for the keyboard.. The "123/sym" key should work like the "upper case" key. In other words, most of the time I use the "123/sym" key to get a quote key, colon, simi-colon, etc. So once I hit the key I want the keyboard should flip back to the alpha keyboard. Now just like the "upper case" key, holding it to lock would work if I need to enter a string of numbers or whatever. Kind of annoying to have to keep on hitting a key to switch back to the alpha keyboard after I press the one key I wanted. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this would be a good thing.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

app world improvements

need to be able to search your installed apps by name, category, paid, free, update avilable, size, current rating in app world, your rating

sort installed apps by category that you can assign including personal ratings you can share on facebook, blog or tweet etc...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780 And Playbook 32g
My Carrier: T-mobile

EVERYONE HIT IT ON THE SPOT, WE NEED:

BBM

EMAIL APPS

KINDDLE

NETFLIX

PANDORA

OPTIMUM APP (I LIVE IN NY)

BETTER APPS

ARROZ IN THE KEYBOARD

THEMES FOR THE PLAYBOOK

IM'S

HOW CAN I EMAIL SOMEONE PICTURES AND VIDEOS STRAIGHT FROM MY PLAYBOOK.

YOU CANT ATTACH NOTHING ON YOUR GMAIL BUTTON.

AND EVERYTHING ELSE EVERYONE SAID

BLACKBERRY PLEASE, I MADE A HUGE INVESTMENT IN THIS TABLET, I DONT WANT TO FEEL LIKE I LOST MY MONEY, I HAVE CONTACTED SOME COMPANIES ABOUT BEING COMPARTIBLE WITH THE TABLE AND CREATING APP AND ALL THEY SAY IS THAT THEY ARE WAITING TO SEE IF THE TABLET SELLS, I LOVE MY TABLET, IM AN APPLE HATER, WE NEED TO BE BETTER, I SEE THE PONTENTIAL BUT YA NEED TO GET GOING!!!  ALSO GET THE UPDATES GOING!!! YA TAKING TOO LONG OR AT LEAT KEEP US POST IT ON IT SO WE CAN FEEL LIKE OUR WORDS ARE BEING HEARD, I HAVE NOW CONTACTED NETFLIX, PANDORA, AMAZON AND OTHER COMPANIES REGARDING THEIR COMPARTABILITIES WITH THE TABLET, IM DOING MY PART, PLZZZZZ

RIM PLZ MAKE THIS THE BEST TABLET EVER!!!