Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

i know money is being made i bought several file browsers already
From an Apple or Android device
Trusted Contributor

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

as a constant complainer on this site, i have to say i cant put this thing down, checking for the android player, seeing new apps pop into being (though most is of no interest to me), keyboard improvement, better app execution, i know are just around some corner, and this will all be somewhat learning experience. and ya know with the 10" PB on the way, that may or may not be in my family of portable internet cruisers. you cant deny BB's presence, and the non kiddie approach to their products(which this old man craves).just please i beg of Mike L, please dont do this again.....we will wait.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

1.0.5.2342 just came out. Major fix was for Flash but I feel my Playbook has seriously improved in performance. Everything from opening apps to multitasking to surfing the web.

Thanks Rim. Love my Playbook.. just waiting for pretty much everything else we've mentioned in this forum to get pushed.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

1) Factory Reset in the Desktop manager program to make your PB restore your missing old application exSmiley Sad Video call Application). (other method for restore)

2) Arabic Language keyboard.

Trusted Contributor

what was wrong with flash? Also the download was really fast!
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

grissom wrote:
i know money is being made i bought several file browsers already

A good File Browser should be part of the basic software package. I am still looking for a good one.

Beyond the File Browser-  as far as I can see the major holes are;

1. A good native Email/Calendar app., capable to sync with Outlook and ThunderBird/Lighting for contacts and calendar events.

2. Enrich the Bluetooth feature to allow connection the Blackberry Desktop and my stereo headset.

3. Android Player

These are more important than making the unit faster, etc. Being concerned with fine tuning the hardware/SW is a mistake. RIMs priorities are out of whack!  If they don't wach out they will end up like Nokia!  I love Nokia and I love my PlayBook.

Trusted Contributor

sometimes i wonder if blackberry could just send out their OS that is used on the torch, and we could all use that while QNX is being worked on, i figure this would be possible since i heard Apple would release a whole OS instead of an iPhone 5. plus android did it with the first tab...sure it was less than perfect but finding the limitations of the tab took a lot longer than 2 days.
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9700 & BB Playbook
My Carrier: Lime

appworld error when purchasing err 1000 & err 1100 pain in the but
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

- Add ps3 dualshock controller ability/driver through bluetooth. I mean, many tablets got the onlive gamepad controller, why won't we be able to get at least ps3 dualshock controller plugged in? It's called a PLAYbook, right? Please, please, ps3 controller as i do natively on my mac os (yes, native!). Thank you RIM.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

bbm groups asap