05-03-2011 08:22 AM
05-03-2011 09:01 AM
Thanks for the great suggestions!
Keep them coming
Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
05-03-2011 10:59 AM
05-03-2011 11:26 AM
05-03-2011 01:22 PM
This is probably getting repetitive, but RIM needs to get the hint.
1) Support for file folders. Until the Playbook supports file folders, the Playbook is nothing but a bigger screen for my email and a web surfing gadget. I need file folders to be able to really use this for work.
2) Along with file folder support, we need a proper file manager where we can browse the file system to rename, edit or delete files.
3) SSH client. There is a developer in these forums who is waiting for the native development kit to be released so he can port an SSH client to the Playbook. It seems like a chicken and egg problem. We need the NDK to be released so we can start seeing some useful apps (Facebook looks great, but is hardly useful for work).
4) RDP client. It probably won't be RIM that writes this app, but it's still an app that would make the Playbook very useful in my environment.
5) I need to be able to open TXT, ZIP and HTM or HTML files from email. (HTM and HTML are the same type of file, but both extensions are common). In addition to ZIP, other archive formats should also be supported (GZ, TGZ, TAR, RAR, etc.)
6) Better cursor control is definitely needed.
7) The ability to change the browser identification for sites that expect to see Internet Explorer or just work better if they think you're using Firefox.
8) The ability to organize bookmarks in the browser including changing the order in which they are displayed and editing the names.
9) The Adobe Reader app desperately needs some basic functionality added. I can't search within a PDF, I can't click on links, there are no bookmarks displayed. It's like we have version 1 of Acrobat Reader for DOS from 1993. I'm not sure why Adobe would want their name associated to such a crippled PDF reader.
10) I haven't been able to figure out how to get to a specific page of a document in Word To Go.
11) I need an epub reader that will read epub documents that I already own and have not purchased through Kobo. Support for Adobe Digital ID would be a bonus, but not absolutely necessary.
12) There needs to be a way to disable standby. Five minutes is too short.
13) Dropbox. Not a RIM issue, but still would be a very useful feature. If you have a Dropbox account, vote for Playbook support here: https://www.dropbox.com/votebox/4753/blackberry-pl
There are a lot of other features that would be useful, but these are the features that would allow me to be more productive from using the Playbook. Everybody's "must-have" list is going to be a little different.
05-03-2011 05:04 PM
05-04-2011 09:40 AM
I know this sounds simple but since the power button is so annoying to use can a simple fix be made where when you push the power button that appears on the screen the options include standby. When you do so now the options are shut down or restart. Just add standby to the on screen display options to get around the annoying button on top of the unit.
05-04-2011 09:57 AM
05-04-2011 12:43 PM