Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

Please no app requests in this thread, there is a separate thread for this.

The thing I want most is support for MKV containers.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

One thing I discover is you can hold the shift button like you do on a computer keyboard.  This way the shift key doesn't need to be pressed twice!

brentcameron wrote:

Beyond the usual (bluetooth audio, email/calendar clients, autotext, etc), the number one PITA for me is the KEYBOARD.  I hate how the 123sym key goes into lock mode everytime you press it.  To press h2o, you need to press "h", then 123sym, then "2", then 123sym again, then "o".  On the Torch, it's "h", 123sym, "2", "o".  MUCH quicker.  Also, if it's on a web page with multiple input fields, mark a NEXT button unless on the final field like SOME of the PlayBook screens.  At the very least, always have a .com keyboard for web but better yet, allow us to select which ones we want. 

Love the PlayBook(s) - I have 2!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

- Search for text in browser

- Allow applications to associate to system events (ie. allowing an alarm clock application to startup when clock hits a certain time)

- When you are typing and wish to go back, instead of arrow keys (I think this is a terrible idea) add a draggable cursor point as seen in Android and iOS

- Once email application is in, allow to send things via email (or possibly other application which hook into the messaging API)

- Ability to open a file via browser when downloading it instead of having to go to the downloads list

- Allow browser to save passwords

- Enable some form of flash block ability for stopping rogue ads

- In terms of RIM development, I think the Facebook app (because of missing functionality) is fairly undesirable when compared to how nice the actual website works on the device

- Ability to remove the default web bookmarks from the application, as well as stock apps (accuweather, NFB)

- App World should check for application updates and new comments more often, or allow cache clearing

- For the browser, allow bookmarks to be renamed, and also allow the option of using the website favicon instead of a screenshot of the page

- Ability to have multiple custom named alarms, and customize the sound played

- Modify the keyboard so that you can hold letters in order to get another letter (ie: hold Q for #)

- More options for the camera and camcorder such as lighting modes, exposure, etc

- Keywords for bookmarks like Firefox and Chrome custom search engines

- Finally, this is more of a complaint, but make the **bleep** quick charger less than $80. I mean what were they thinking, my laptop 150W adapter is less than that, and the BlackBerry Rapid Charger is only 24W. With a starting price of $500 before taxes, the rapid charger should come for an extra $30 at most..

New Developer

[ Edited ]

A few more things:

1. ability to make the browser content full screen - hide even the top title bar to totally blur the distinction between app and web site

<edited> - wifi hotspots can be removed.  thanks!

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

1 - Web apps can currently be made to do this, but yes you cannot do this on the PB itself

2 - Wifi settings, Select a network, Saved networks, click on the pencil, delete wifi networks. Smiley Happy

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Developer

Flash can be turned off...but for the whole browser only

- Ability to remove the default web bookmarks from the application, as well as stock apps (accuweather, NFB)

Have you tried the icons at the top right corner?  You should be able to remove the default bookmarks that way.  Ditto for the apps.

- Modify the keyboard so that you can hold letters in order to get another letter (ie: hold Q for #)

Already working for some keys?

Regular Contributor

wolfier wrote:

Flash can be turned off...but for the whole browser only
Have you tried the icons at the top right corner?  You should be able to remove the default bookmarks that way.  Ditto for the apps.

Already working for some keys?

Turning off all flash is not enough, as the main problem comes into play when on a webpage with an ad that cannot be paused which is making noise, while I am trying to watch a flash video elsewhere on the page.

The current keyboard modifiers are for things like e accent aigu (é), or other letter modifiers which should only be present when using a keyboard language which contains these characters.

I am unsure of the top right icon you speak of. I think you are refering to the browser, which I have already done. However the problem lies on the homescreen of the PlayBook (app drawer). The only way to delete apps or homescreen bookmarks which I am aware of (except App World), is to click and hold an icon until they all get wobbly. After this certain ones will have Xs underneath them, which allows you to delete them. These appear under the stock homescreen bookmarks, however it has no effect. As for the stock apps, they simply have no X.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Thank you for all the feedback.

We really appreciate it. 

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Weird,

I have had no problems deleting those homescreen and browser bookmarks from the PB. Sounds like you're having some difficulty.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor

Weird it is now working. I have stumbled upon a handful of things which I thought were not working, yet after a restart work fine.