Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Play Book
My Carrier: None

Re: Gasket peeling off

I hv WLAN connection which is a broadband connection but using a router I am using it as a WLAN there fore I don't have any service provider for this. In such cases how can one get help in replacement etc. I am not using fearing it will peel further????????????

Contributor

Dear Friend this is India and returning goods bought online is not only difficult but impossible as they would say write or contact Blackberry. This idea is not helpful.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

OK, sorry I can't help you.

I've given you TWO good and reasonable choices...

1. contact your Playbook support.
  2. return it to the seller.

You have reasons that both won't work.

What is it that YOU wish to do?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

surindersobti wrote:

Dear Friend this is India and returning goods bought online is not only difficult but impossible as they would say write or contact Blackberry. This idea is not helpful.

You need to take heed of the laws in India regarding warranty. In my country it is the seller who has responsibility not the manufacturer. In other countries it may be different. If any of us buy online from a company they may have their registered office in a third country (like amazon uk is registered elsewhere to avoid tax)  then there is little protection even in the courts. It is the bad side of global selling. 

This is what generally people do give up .Why? Your two options First to call Customer Care...I told you they are not answering for the last four days how can I reach or contact them in that case? Secondly this was bought online and though I haven't spoken to the company who sold me this but as a general tendency I know that the answer will be contact Blackberry for this??? Now in that Case suggest what I can do ? You finally asked me what I wish to do ...Simple I wish this piece to be replace. What I am asking that let me be through the blackberry people concerned with such defects (manufacturing).Possible but don't say you give up.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

surindersobti wrote:

What I am asking that let me be through the blackberry people concerned with such defects (manufacturing).

And I have answered that.

surindersobti wrote:

.Possible but don't say you give up.

No, you shouldn't give up!

Please remember, This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

We are users just like you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Tks for ur help . However the issue is still unresolved and wonder if this wud ever be reloved??

Contributor

Dear Sander...A ssuggested I called the company who sold this to me and the obvious answer was contact Custoimer Care we cannot do any thing. Sheer desperation. The customer care no doesn't respond. Wonder RIM people do go thru all these posts?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

I suspect playbooks are not intended to be sold in India, like Ireland for example, and there is no support set up by RIM for India. If your country laws dont allow you  to take legal action with your online supplier you are introuble on this one.

In UK RIM will not deal with us directly except to answer support calls. Any problem with Playbook and we must contact our seller, because RIM knows the UK law on Sale of Goods act. The will not let us even contact the UK headquarters of RIM. there are no repair and service centres here either. If the sellers don't replace the goods, the goods are dead and finished, or we sue the seller.

You and I, we are not in the Americas and we have to take our chances with foreign imported goods according to local laws.

My Device: 9520 Storm2
My Carrier: Airtel

Dear Surinder,

since you bought it online try to contact these resellers only. Actually these resellers smuggle jailbroken handsets from other countries and thats where at the time of service is a pain.