Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: none

GeoLocation timed out

hi how come my bb playbook keeps on repeating this error for facebook Check In, "Error The GeoLocation timed out when attempting to retrieve a location, please try again in a bit." what will i do?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: GeoLocation timed out

Facebook application is trying to access the GPS, best thing to do is get a clear shot at the sky, no buildings and trees, hopefully on a clear day, let the GPS get your location. this should help with your error.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Additional requirements for good GPS results:

1. If you haven't used it before, or for many hours, you may need to wait many minutes before the "ephemeris" data is downloaded from all the visible satellites, which is required before you'll get any accurate readings.

2. Do NOT cover the lower right corner (in landscape mode) with your hand or anything that may block the signals from the satellites.

3. Consider disabling WiFi temporarily (where that's possible... not in the FaceBook app, I suppose) as WiFi seems to interfere with the accuracy of the GPS readings. (First time I'm reporting this... you won't find any real info about this yet if you search. Smiley Sad )

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

okay thank you Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

@alchrayze, please let us know if any of that ends up helping. We often provide advice with no later feedback, which makes it a bit hard to improve the advice we can offer. Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

i am having the same issue the geo location time out. nothing has resolved the issue. any advise?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

Hi,

I am using the geolocation tutorials at https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_tutorials/tutorial_create_first_app_part1_19...

It is runing perfectly on my emulator. but the output is not showing up on the actual device. it just shows the icon & button. when i click the button , it prompts a message box Application Permisssions.

allow/Deny. I select Allow. but nothing happens after that.

Any idea?

I have bold 9930 wifi is enabled.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Make sure your phone is disconnected from your PlayBook. Turn off the Bluetooth, reboot the PlayBook and try again.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

The app is running on my phone bold 9930 Os 7.1

I turned off the bluetooth & tried it- not working.

I disconnected from system & started the app-not working.