Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: att

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

i have the blackberry bridge app installed on my torch im a att user but it works just not perfectly since the bbm doesnt work right im a beta user of bbm useing version 6 but dont believe this is the problem since didnt work with the previous version either. the messages app just blinks alot doesnt work bbm crashes all the time on startup the bridge files only show the folders on the 9800 not the files bridge brower is very extremely sloww calandar work perfect so does memopad and tasks and contacts. any solution??

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Did you upgrade the Tablet OS to version 1.03? Else BBM won't work. I have it now working but with BBM v5.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Make sure bothe the tablet and bridge are properly updated. Also take care for third party software. Improperly written software can cause issues with the bridging. I had some bad experience with a chess game causing faults with the bridge.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: att

i got ut working with a experiment that i did all apps what i did was this

1)install reinstall bridge of phone using the os 6 download found in this forum
2)connect phone to blackberry desktop go to applications erase bbm (remember to backup contacts) then reinstall it,update it from appworld
3)perform security wipe on playbook wait for reboot and update to finish.
4)setup bridge by useing barcode to link both phone and playbook.
startup.
Everything starts to work but bbm crashes a couple of times at startup untill it works so i guess need a update for that error in future.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Did you call Playbook support? You shouldn't be having such problems. I set up a number of Blackberry phones with the Playbook. They all work extremely well. They are used for a number of hours each day for serious business and some media apps.

When calling, have the Playbook and phone serial numbers, and vesrion numbers handy.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi, all:

I have tried all of the links on this thread for OTA downloads of blackberry bridge.  I have a bold 9000 on AT&T.

When I try the stormota and bit.ly links kindly posted by JSanders, I get a download screen that looks like normal for all blackberry options.  Somewhere between 1/5th and 1/2 of the way through the download, I get a Download Failed dialog menu.  Each menu says 907 Invalid COD - Unable to import ZIP file.

Is this a fault of the links or my phone?  If the latter, does anyone have a suggestion of how to fix it?

v/r

Rob

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

robbehrman wrote:

Hi, all:

I have tried all of the links on this thread for OTA downloads of blackberry bridge.  I have a bold 9000 on AT&T.

When I try the stormota and bit.ly links kindly posted by JSanders, I get a download screen that looks like normal for all blackberry options.  Somewhere between 1/5th and 1/2 of the way through the download, I get a Download Failed dialog menu.  Each menu says 907 Invalid COD - Unable to import ZIP file.

Is this a fault of the links or my phone?  If the latter, does anyone have a suggestion of how to fix it?

v/r

Rob

What OS are you on with your Bold? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

robbehrman wrote:

Rob

You must have OS 5.0 or better installed in order for Bridge to work.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook

I had the same problem, and as I mentioned I often get the dreaded 907 error. My solution is to download it again, it has always worked the second time. I have NO idea why. Does anyone?

Just download the OTA from your phone again, after you get the 907 error. It will prompt you to reboot, and you'll be golden
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Gents:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm running (according to the MYVER command given by Knottyrope) 5.0.0.1067.

v/r

Rob