Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

[ Edited ]

buffalo70 wrote:

just have a question about accessing photos and videos through the bridge.  all else works great but I can't seem to figure that out.  I have a Style phone.  I would love to drag all that media over to my Playbook from the Style.  Is that possible.

got the playbook for motherday's and am extremely happy with it.  worth the wait.

thanks

you can connect both to a PC and swap files from the drives that are mass storage mode.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/04/how-to-sync-music-video-and-photos-with-the-blackberry-playbook/

Bridge will be too slow to do this as Blue Tooth is limited with its speed.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

No luck. BlackBerry Bridge 1.0.0.83 shows up in Settings>Options>Applications but has no icon anywhere; can't open it. Anyone had any success running Bridge on At&t Curve 8900 5.0.0.1067 (1728)?
--------------
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. -MLK '63
dvp
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Restart your play book and try to establish your connection again. It will present you with a code and you enter the code on your torch and presto you ar mine. You will see a new category called blackberry Bridge in t play book where you will see all the apps listed...

But I must warn you the ATT 3 G really sucks... so if you are wanting to browse with your playbook riding on your torch 3g plan you are in for a rude shock.

The links are very slow and when you try to click on hyperlinks , the browser wants to save the link as a file  - what gives 0-  !!!!!   anyway big disappointment. It is very hard to be a fan of BB with all this experience... I think Android is a better choice if you hate Apple too much to embrace their tablet technology for what ever reason. BB and ATT suck , seriously...

But I am of the opinion that the entire industry has got this young generation as a sucker for this useless tablet technology. I for one would stick to Windows OS with tablet add ons for a real tablet.

I want to return the tablet if they let me. Seriously. This is the last time I have fallen for the media hype. ....

It is a waste of time and precious money... Unless someone else is paying for it. Sorry for writing bad blood. I am so disappoiinted. For all teh hype ther eis no serious contender for Apple. What a pity. What a pity.... even you Microsoft ... and Google ....and you of course RIM ! 

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I tried both of these on my AT&T Tourch by copying files via usb to my sc micro card in the phone, lauching the file from there.  Both opened a download vwindo, but the download failed.   Am I stuck until AT&T comes out with a approved Bridge application?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I just got a BB Playbook and was told by AT&T that BlackBerry Bridge was not authorized on my Torch.  Went to the link you have above from the browser on my Torch and it went to BB App World and would not let me download BB Bridge.  I think AT&T has gotten smart and is blocking the get-around link from their phones.

Contributor

Used the browser on my Torch to get to both of JSanders links to get the BB Bridge and both went to BB App World through ATT and would not let me download onto my Torch.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook 32GB

UPDATE: Success! Finally got Bridge to install and run correctly on my Curve 8900 OS5 by downloading it from http://stormota.com/619

Note: The Bridge version that worked for me (link above) is 1.0.0.76.
--------------
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. -MLK '63
Contributor

JSanders,

I replied on earlier posts that I was unable to get to the links to bypass ATT that was blocking my access and download onto my Torch.  I used http://bit.ly/Bridge83os6 and was able to download and install the BB Bridge.  Everything is working great between my Playbook and Torch.  Thank you so much!!  Now I can use my two devices the way I intended!

My Device: Torch 9800

J Sanders,

Agreed x 3; however, I got the bridge dowload and everything works great except tethering to browse the net through by AT&T Torch 9800; what gives?

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: att

I've downloaded the bridge to my torch, it rebooted. What do I do now please? Thank you!