Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Getting POP3 Accounts to Connect to Native Playbook Email.

My e-mail accounts which are hosted at namespro.ca will not connect with the Playbook Native e-mail client.  

I have setup my Gmail account and it works fine.  

The Namespro accounts need port 110 no SSL for incoming and port 2525 no SSL for outgoing.   It also needs to have Outgoing Authentication = ON but the Playbook doesn't offer this option and Secure Logon = Off but the Playbook doesn't offer this option either.  

Strange thing is it has downloaded some messages but then it keeps getting 'Can not connect with server" messages.  Now it gets the error message all the time.  

I also don't see an Option to tell the Playbook to leave the e-mail on the server.   Some say they do have that option.     Is that option available?  

Dan

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Getting POP3 Accounts to Connect to Native Playbook Email.

[ Edited ]

DrDan18 wrote:

I also don't see an Option to tell the Playbook to leave the e-mail on the server.   Some say they do have that option.     Is that option available?  

Dan

Playbook email app synchronises with web mail, think of it as a remote webmail access app. That means if you delete a mail in playbook it deletes it in webmail.

Any option to "Leave on server" when POP mail is accessed my an email client is usually an option in the webmail account. There is no option in Playbook for that.

Can't help with the namespro.ca problem.

EDIT: Have you tried the second more secure option described at

http://www.namespro.ca/KB-how-do-i-access-my-mailbox-using-an-e-mail-client.asp

or the IMAP options at

http://www.namespro.ca/KnowledgeBaseArticle.asp?artid=2007&sID=FC50EC2E444540E78CABCBF23352E290