Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: 32gb PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Google play

I'm trying to download an app from google play. It seems that the playbook is not supported. Has anyone encounter this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Google play

Apps from Google Play store must be converted to .bar files before being loaded to a Playbook. You can Google for instructions on how to convert. It's not a simple process but it's not extremely difficult either.

I recommend installing files that have already been converted. You can find some here:

You will need to "sideload" them, meaning you'll have to install them via USB cable from your computer.

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!