Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Online
Accepted Solution

Hang/freeze on Blackberry ID login

[ Edited ]

Aloha,

got a brand new Playbook. After turning on power I connected with my wifi network, a 500 MB download of the newest Playbook version begun, after successful download and installation of the upgrade the Playbook notified me it needs to reboot. It rebooted and once done setup continued. I got asked to put various informations in like my language (English), my Country (I picked Singapur which is closest to my country not listed in the dropdown box) and then I reached the Blackberry ID login screen.

I added my login-name and login-password (both verified to work, I also tribble checked by login to the web-page and it works perfect fine) but if I press submit (either the submit button in the onscreen keyboard or the submit-button in the form direct under the login-name and login-password fields) it just starts to login forever. There is a spin showing progress (so, its not cold freezing or so) but nothing happens. Even after 30 Minutes it still does "login" ... I can press the cancel button and then it goes back from the login progress screen to the login screen itself where I can add/change the login-name and login-password.

I even rebooted the playbook but came direct to that Blackberry ID login page again and same story, login forever whatever I do. I also shutdown the router and got to the wifi selection screen, restarted the router, did connect successful with wifi again and next the Blackberry ID login screen is there again, same login forever...

Mates suggested to reflash the playbook but since I already lost close to a week with the Ad Hoc problem (95% of the wifi networks in my country are Ad Hoc and not infrastructure and Playbook only supports infrastructure but that's another story) and since I have no idea what the login-problem is I may very likely end in the same situation again if I do the same setup steps again, well...

Any help how to progress there so I can get FINALLY the playbook working would really help me a lot. Lot of thanks in advance for any useful pointer!

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Hang/freeze on Blackberry ID login

Mine is doing the exact same thing, just went to use it for the first time in quite a while today and that is what it is doing. Only went to use it as my kobo e-reader croaked and does everything but allow me to read books, any clue on fixes?

My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Hey, just spoke to blackberry support who told me to go to 

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/?callbackuri=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcHB3b3JsZC5ibGFja2JlcnJ5LmNv...

and click forget password and go through the process to reset the password then try logging in again. (I used my exact same password that I knew was correct as I use it on my phone every day....) It worked for me and im free to go about normal business now.

Good Luck.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Online

Lot of thanks for the reply dangergirl55!

It worked! I am able now to proper login. So much tjhanks for the hint! I would probably have tested that possibility last.

For other readers who may have the same problem. What I did was step by step:

1. Shutdown the Playbook.

2. Go to the link dangergirl55 posted above and press "reset Password". Give your email address (those you used to register your BB ID - the email address equals afaik the BB ID login user name - at least here it did).

3. Moments later a reset mail is send to that e-mail address. Press the link given in the e-mail.

4. The link brings you to a webside that asks you for a new password for your BB ID. As dangergirl55 I choosed the exact same password I had before and pressed submit.

5. That's it. I did afterwards not login into the BB ID using the webbrowser but started my Playbook again and when the login screen was displayed entered my login-name (that equals to my mail address) and the login-password (those I did reset and set again at point 4 above) and then pressed the login button and voila, this time it worked!

Tons of tons of tons of thank you's Smiley Happy