Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: pl,aybook and 9860
My Carrier: rogers

Has ANYONE managed to get OS2 working with WiFi and bridge?

I've scoured the forum, and tried everything - right now, its a cute, flat paperweight.Smiley Mad

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Has ANYONE managed to get OS2 working with WiFi and bridge?

Do you mean using the phone internet connection, or connecting to wifi and the phone via bluetooth at the same time?
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: O2

I have!

If you are having the same problems as me, on update, I had no wifi connections at all - didn't find a single one, despite the area being overrun with wifi networks.

Connect your paperweight, I mean, Playbook, to the Desktop Software, take a backup, then do a security swipe and reset the whole thing.

With mine, as soon as it came back on after the swipe the wifi was working correctly.

I re-connected it to the Desktop Software, accepted any updates it was offering, then restored my backup from this morning.

Hey presto!  A fully functioning Playbook!

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: O2

P.S. - I don't use the Bridge, so my previous message might be totally useless! Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

I did the security wipe to rectify my wifi issues - it won't connect to some encryptions, but sees all available networks - and it didn't help. Work wifi no longer connects, but wifi at home on a different encryption and bridge work fine!
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, BB 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T-mobile

Restore PB to factory default:  This was suggested as a solution to another message tread heading "Playbook OS2 and Encrypted Wifi Issues."  Although it didn't sound entirely the same as the problem stated here (same as mine), I tried it and it worked.

Just make sure you save all the media file by connecting your PB to your PC via USB cable as another drive.  Follow the instructions carefully.

I like this OS much better after all.

Good Luck!

Trusted Contributor

The other thread is mine and the restore does nothing with the problem I am having.