Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Reply
Contributor
Posts: 37
Registered: ‎09-12-2011
My Device: Q10, 9900, Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Has anyone else had Bridge Email suddenly fail to load?

I have been plugging along just fine on BB Bridge since I got my Playbook last summer.  Suddenly, Bridge Email will not load.  It flashes a blank screen, then the outline of the email program, then back to black, then the outline again, black, etc., etc.  This goes on indefinitely and email will not load.

 

  • All other Bridge applications are working as usual... calendar, contacts, BBM, etc. all work fine.
  • Email on the Blackberry phone itself has been completely unaffected and works fine.
  • Have rebooted the Playbook, done a full shutdown, un-paired, re-paired; no solutions.
  • Will check BB Desktop Manager to see if my most recent backup includes applications/app data. (I back up weekly)

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?  Can the core applications, such as Bridge Email (on the Playbook) be downloaded/re-installed?

 

Highlighted
New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-04-2012
My Device: Playbook/Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Has anyone else had Bridge Email suddenly fail to load?

I have the same problem. It just blinks white/black. All my other Bridge Apps appear to work fine. On my email messages, frequently one of my email accounts says " unable to connect to server, please try again" It always seems to connect eventually. I dont know if the 2 email problems are related.

Contributor
Posts: 37
Registered: ‎09-12-2011
My Device: Q10, 9900, Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Has anyone else had Bridge Email suddenly fail to load?

Interesting... I'm not experiencing any issues with my core BB email; just the Bridge app on the Playbook. I've searched the BB support site and can't seem to find the Bridge apps - Bridge is there to download for the phone, but not the tablet.

I deleted and reinstalled bridge on the phone; still the same problem. Smiley Sad
Forums Advisor III
Posts: 1,477
Registered: ‎04-19-2011
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Has anyone else had Bridge Email suddenly fail to load?


MrDavid wrote:
Interesting... I'm not experiencing any issues with my core BB email; just the Bridge app on the Playbook. I've searched the BB support site and can't seem to find the Bridge apps - Bridge is there to download for the phone, but not the tablet.

I deleted and reinstalled bridge on the phone; still the same problem. Smiley Sad

I had the problem shortly after the upgrade in February to OS 2.0, and last week after the upgrade to OS 2.01, the Playbook was forced to reload the OS by the Blackberry Desktop Software, and I lost everything, so after I had to buy back all the program that I had  bought before and re-bridge the Playbook to my Bold 9900, I was hoping that the problem had gone away, but no such luck it is still there.

So even if you do a security wipe, most likely it will not do anything at all, what happen to my Playbook was a reset to factory settings (it was as if I just go it out of the box), which is a lot more than just the security wipe and it did not solved it

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Veteran I
Posts: 2,359
Registered: ‎04-19-2011
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Has anyone else had Bridge Email suddenly fail to load?


MrDavid wrote:

I have been plugging along just fine on BB Bridge since I got my Playbook last summer.  Suddenly, Bridge Email will not load.  It flashes a blank screen, then the outline of the email program, then back to black, then the outline again, black, etc., etc.  This goes on indefinitely and email will not load.

 

  • All other Bridge applications are working as usual... calendar, contacts, BBM, etc. all work fine.
  • Email on the Blackberry phone itself has been completely unaffected and works fine.
  • Have rebooted the Playbook, done a full shutdown, un-paired, re-paired; no solutions.
  • Will check BB Desktop Manager to see if my most recent backup includes applications/app data. (I back up weekly)

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?  Can the core applications, such as Bridge Email (on the Playbook) be downloaded/re-installed?

 


First off this has nothing to do with the OS2.0.1.358. I have had this problem since april 20,2011.

2.  If you wouldvhave searched the forums, you would have come across threads about this specific issue. The cause bad code in a html email.  I find it is an email from this forum.

There are 2 workarounds.

The first is leaving mail on your server for less time.  It may clear up.  

The second is to do a full backup and then doing a security wipe.  Then a restore with out the app day.  Restoring the app data will only put the bad code on the pb.

 

Make sure you are also running the most up to date bridge software on the phone.

 

I hope this helps.

 

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-04-2012
My Device: Playbook/Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Has anyone else had Bridge Email suddenly fail to load?

aandras wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off this has nothing to do with the OS2.0.1.358. I have had this problem since april 20,2011.

2.  If you wouldvhave searched the forums, you would have come across threads about this specific issue. The cause bad code in a html email.  I find it is an email from this forum.

There are 2 workarounds.

The first is leaving mail on your server for less time.  It may clear up.  

The second is to do a full backup and then doing a security wipe.  Then a restore with out the app day.  Restoring the app data will only put the bad code on the pb.

 

Make sure you are also running the most up to date bridge software on the phone.

 

I hope this helps.

 

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I disagree, my Bridge email worked fine, right up to the day I upgraded to OS 2.0.1.358. IT HASN'T WORKED SINCE THEN.

Forums Veteran I
Posts: 2,359
Registered: ‎04-19-2011
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Has anyone else had Bridge Email suddenly fail to load?

I beg to differ. It has nothing to do with thew upgrade. It is bad code in an html email. I posted this in April 2011 not 2012. I have open tickets since day one. This is the only problem I have had with the pb and never with the updates.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Advisor III
Posts: 1,477
Registered: ‎04-19-2011
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Has anyone else had Bridge Email suddenly fail to load?


aandras wrote:
I beg to differ. It has nothing to do with thew upgrade. It is bad code in an html email. I posted this in April 2011 not 2012. I have open tickets since day one. This is the only problem I have had with the pb and never with the updates.

I have to agree with AANDRAS, my problem starteda few weeks after the upgrade to OS 2.0, back in February, and I have my Playbook since day one (2011/04/19), and it the only real problem that I have with it.

 

As for the caused of it I am not sure what it is, since the Playbook was forced to go back to factory setting shortly after the last OS upgrade, and my phone also lost all of it setting when updating to OS 7.1, so everything is from scratch on both device since no backup were able to be restored since the OS version for both device was different from the backup and the device

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin