Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Virgin

HdMi To Hd Tv

hi my p,aybook update has stopped tbe hdmi from working it wont even pick up the cable when fitted p,ease help!!! 

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 64, formerly Tour 9630 now HTC WP8
My Carrier: Bell

Re: HdMi To Hd Tv

Me too, unfortunately I haven't seen a solution. Anybody?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Have you tried all the display modes in hdmi settings?  mine has had two upgrades with no problems. I recently debricked both of mine too. 

Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried all the different settings. Some were completely blank, some worked but with coloured lines or with zapping and crackling on the video and audio.

I was able to do this without any issues prior to the last update, on both my wife's and my PB. The common denominator between the two are the recent software updates and the fact that we are using the same HDMI cable. The cable always worked before, but I haven't tried another one to see if that's the issue. Quite possibly I just need to replace the cable.

Forums Veteran I

bsalloum wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried all the different settings. Some were completely blank, some worked but with coloured lines or with zapping and crackling on the video and audio.

I was able to do this without any issues prior to the last update, on both my wife's and my PB. The common denominator between the two are the recent software updates and the fact that we are using the same HDMI cable. The cable always worked before, but I haven't tried another one to see if that's the issue. Quite possibly I just need to replace the cable.

As there's nearly 2 million playbooks that do work with the latest update on hdmi I would suspect the cable.

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

my 3 playbook have no issue with HDMI after the update

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

You guys are great, thanks for your feedback.

I bought a new cable and tried it last night. It works ... sort of. It's very finicky, I have to have it seated just right in the port on the PB, otherwise it disconnects. I didn't try my other PB, but at least this tells me it's not a software issue. It's either the port, or the cable end, or both.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

glad to hear you are making progress

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I

I have used mine twice and it will cut out if the cable is touched. Both these sockets are made of some sort of cheese.

My Device: BlackBerry Plahbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Well I spoke with a friend who works at BbB and he tells me the driver is defective, it works with some tvs and not with others, depends on the tv and what make and how new, it works with my 8 yr old Panasonic but not with my new Sony zo its nog the cable,   it's the driver. If not it would not work on one tv and not the new one. Problems with Sony And Sharp, some new Panasonic, they changed the driver but it's not able to work properly and they need an update but there not sure if they will  discontinue the playbook and won't spend the money to fix this . If BB 10 comes to the Playbooks or if not, they don't work with the new phones either, my Z10 nix.