Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Blackberry

Help! Blackberry playbook keeps saying cant find default app!

Whenever I want to download stuff such as skype it says cant find default app. How do I get the default app, Please reply.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Help! Blackberry playbook keeps saying cant find default app!

Where are you trying to download things from, especially given Skype isn't available for the playbook? 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT, and TELUS

Unfortunately Skype and things like Netflix are not yet available for Playbook so if you are looking on the Skype website there is no default App for Blackberry PlayBook. This will likely change in the future
New Contributor

Well I'm downloading it from android and It says cant find default app but thanks for replying! All of you!

Forums Veteran I

You cant install Android Apps from the Google Play website (assume this is where you are trying to download from?) - standard android apps that have been ported to the Playbook platform are available in Blackberry App World.

New Contributor

So I should wait for a skype app to come out?

Forums Veteran I

Yes, if/when one is confirmed and released. 

Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: airtel

After pairing ma PB with a blackberry smart
phone,my browser and ma blackberry
bridge bbm app works but! My app world
wount open,i cant change my blackberry
ID,it will be indicating that i should connect
to a wireless internet connection,pls what
do i do?
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

Apolgosies  - one I missed off, App World is not available via Bridge, I assume its due to the size of some downloads