Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: orange

Help using PlayBook to sell items on ebay

I want to use PlayBook to sell items on ebay. How unbelievable is it that the PlayBook browser will not interface correctly with the ebay selling system. ?

When I try to list items it will not allow me to post photos and enter details. 

I now have to do this function on a laptop pc.

How frustrating that my PlayBook cannot do this simple,  essential task!!

Does anyone have an idea how to get around this,  or did nobody at RIM forsee such a requirement? 

Thanks 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Help using PlayBook to sell items on ebay

I use the eBay app that is available from the Good e-reader app store for Playbook.  It's an Android app and I haven't used it to list an item but it should work. 

http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook/playbook-android-apps/

You'll need to read up on how to "sideload" those types of apps on your Playbook, though, but once you do it opens up a bunch of available apps. 

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks a lot for the link!!!! I thought it was strange that users have not posted items about it....maybe I'm the only one to use PlayBook with ebay! 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Thanks John, I also gave up trying to sell with playbook. on my uk ebay it will not show paypal as selected for payment so will not gat past it. I will try the app too. 

PS Spyder, install chrome browser on your computer and then chrome's Playbook App Manager extension for the easiest sideload experience ever.  that guy deserves a medal.

Hang on there seems to be no .bar version

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I just downloaded it the other day.  I used the Playbook app though to download the bar directly to my PB.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran I

John_Clark wrote:

I just downloaded it the other day.  I used the Playbook app though to download the bar directly to my PB.  

Sorry, my bad search.

Hi,  am I correct that chrome needs to be installed on PlayBook....but chrome have not developed it yet to operate on PlayBook! 

Why do I think that to interface with ebay it is the equivalent of paddling down the amazon in a canoe surrounded by crocodiles! 

Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

No you install Chrome on your computer that you are using to download and Sideload apps to Playbook. Have both computer and Playbook connected by wifi to your router.

Then you add the extension Playbook App Manager in Chrome's Settings, Extensions, then Gallery.

Put the Playbook in Development Mode (Settings Security)

Look at the IP address of the playbook by tapping the Development Mode icon when you corner swipe and use it in the Playbook App Manager .

It's one of many methods but it is robust and can be used on Windoze, Mac OSX or Linux. 

Oooh...i see what you mean!!

The apps cannot be downloaded directly into PlayBook...but on my laptop using chrome...and then...as you put it...sideload the application into PlayBook! 

Thanks I'll test that out!