Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Help with Playbook email

Does the Playbook automatically  save a copy of any email which I send?  If it does, how do I get to review these?

Similarly, are deleted emails saved on the Playbook and how can I see these again?

Thank you for the help.  I am a fairly new user as you can probably tell!

Joseph

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Help with Playbook email

doverite wrote:

Does the Playbook automatically  save a copy of any email which I send?  If it does, how do I get to review these?

Similarly, are deleted emails saved on the Playbook and how can I see these again?

Thank you for the help.  I am a fairly new user as you can probably tell!

Joseph

There is no copy of either sent or deleted message that are kept on the Playbook, but the sent messages are available in the sent folder on the server , as for the deleted message,it depends on the server some server are keeping a copy for a short while, other are deleting them if they are deleted using a mobile device 

To be sure for the deleted message, check with the server administrator or some time it is in the configuration of the service. 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Help with Playbook email

When you are in Messages, swipe down from the top. Tap Settings. Go to Hide Sent Messages, turn Off. There is also a setting elsewhere in Messages that you can set that will allow you to retain messages fir up to 30 days. The messages should also be available on your email providers servers.