Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Smart

Help

ERrOR 4003 ON MY PLAYBOoK PLEASE HELP ME

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: Help

Camera hardware error. Call blackberry support or your seller for warranty claim.

________
New Contributor

I think my warranty has already expired coz I have my playbook for almost 2 years is there any option or solution aside from calling them coz there is no available blackberry service center here in our town. Is there any possibility to fix this problem if I wait for the next software update or downgrade it using my computer? Thank you so much for the suggestion. God bless!

Contributor
My Device: 64GB Playbook and 9330 Phone
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Try the crackberry fix...it's what I would do....see posts 4 and 5 (hard reboot if needed)

Expect you tried that ....worst case I would reload the software.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/camera-error-4003-picture-720772/

Good luck....

New Contributor

Thank you so much! Unfortunately Its hard for me to get access for support because of my location so I have no choice but to wait if ever there is an easy way to fix this problem but if not what I have to do is just make used of this unit, its sad to say without the camera. ):

New Contributor

I just want to know if there is a case of after re-updating or down grading they are able to fix the problem. God bless!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

[ Edited ]

You can try looking at the experience of others with the same error code:

Support forums link to thread for error 4003

Crackberry link to thread for error 4003

Very very few people were able to resolve the problem by resetting the PlayBook, reloading the software or debricking.  Some had success in getting their out of warranty PlayBooks repaired for free by calling customer support.  Read through the threads for some ideas on how to handle the situation with customer support.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the response. God be with you.
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Enygma wrote:

You can try looking at the experience of others with the same error code:

Support forums link to thread for error 4003

Crackberry link to thread for error 4003

Very very few people were able to resolve the problem by resetting the PlayBook, reloading the software or debricking.  Some had success in getting their out of warranty PlayBooks repaired for free by calling customer support.  Read through the threads for some ideas on how to handle the situation with customer support.

All those posts say what I said in my reply. It's HARDWARE. No amount of software tweaks will fix it. It's busted. It's an ex-camera. 

________
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

Sometimes a person has to read through the relevant threads to be convinced that what they want to do (software fix) won't work.  I also provided the links so the OP would get a good idea on how to approach BB support to get a good chance of getting the PlayBook fixed for free even if it is out of warranty.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB