Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Home Screen Clutter - Minimalist option?

I just got a playbook and naturally I sink right into new devices and begin personalizing it, analyzing what's needed and what's not and downsizing.

I've been at it for about a day and can't figure out how to remove more icons from the home screen.
Things like: Youtube Videos, Clock, Calculator, Voice Notes, Podcasts, Bing Maps, Adobe Reader, are things that I'd like to remove but do not offer a delete option (or even a hide option). I do know about pressing and holding down to activate deleting apps and things like that, but I cannot figure out why some of these pointless items cannot be removed or even hidden.

I like having as little stuff going on as possible, and currently everything is shuffled over to one side of the home screen. Does anyone know if there's a way to hide icons that you just know you will NEVER be using?

Thanks!

New Contributor

Re: Home Screen Clutter - Minimalist option?

Nevermind I figured it out.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually. I have bugged it out and created an error message: array_insert invalid array index.

While successfully being able to remove them, it's apparent how I did it created some kind of problem.

It's MUCH cleaner though, and I'm very happy to have removed the items. Now I can being creating a set of folders on one home screen to clean it up. Everything is now on one screen and only what I want is being displayed. After a reset and power-off there is no sign of the useless icons re-appearing, so I'm happy about that. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Here's a picture, what do you think?