Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook & 9900
My Carrier: Vinaphone

How Can I Clean Memory, Cache...And Boost Memory On Playbook (like clean & boost memory on Blackberry phone)?

Dear bros, I have a question which I concern about: How Can I Clean Memory, Cache...And Boost Memory On Playbook (like clean & boost memory on Blackberry phone)? I want to to this because I want my playbook run smoothly.

Thanks all.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: How Can I Clean Memory, Cache...And Boost Memory On Playbook (like clean & boost memory on Blackberry phone)?

The PlayBook manages memory through the OS, there's no 'memory cleaner' like on the BlackBerry phones.

In the browser, there are settings to clear cache, cookies and history which do improve the browser performance.

You may want to try and change the PlayBook multitasking mode. Go into Settings - General and change 'Application Behaviour'. Showcase is full multitasking (slower), Paused pauses all programs when minimised and makes the PlayBook save battery and run a little faster.

Hope that helps.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!