Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: not applicable

How do I download movies to my Blackberry Playbook?

We just got a playbook for Christmas and I have no idea where to start when it comes to putting a couple of movies on it for our children. I got the 32 GB so that I would have the space to do this - but I don't know how. I have read some posts about using iTunes on the playbook...is this possible? I have iTunes on my PC and iPod - so can I somehow transfer songs? I am also wondering if anyone had heard any word about a Playbook app for Netflix or Skype? Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How do I download movies to my Blackberry Playbook?

you have to remove DRM form itunes content first.

then you can sync via desktop manager in a few ways.

How to synchronize media from a computer to a BlackBerry PlayBook

or

How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook

i use https://imo.im/ for skype chat and more

also IM + in appworld is very good too.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: How do I download movies to my Blackberry Playbook?

For  movies if you already have the DVD...I installed a DVD ripper on my PC (such as FoxReal). This takes hours to convert a DVD so I leave it running overnight. The next morning I just copy the movie onto the Playback (takes a few minutes) and I've got something to watch that day. Even on the 16GB you can put a few movies on.  Easy and great quality.  But make sure you've got a decent set of headphones....some cheap one's seem to be too quiet to cope with background noise in the train/car.

Jeremy