Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

How do I play BB World movies on Playbook?

I have purchased movies from BBworld on my Z10 and can watch them on my Z10. How can I watch them on my Playbook?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Bill

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How do I play BB World movies on Playbook?

Unfortunately, you can't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks for the answer.

My PB does not have Video Store app but it does have music store, accesories store and BB World but no Video Store.

Is there a Video Store app that I can download or a similiar app to download movies to PB?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Bill

Contributor

Add'l info, when I go to BB World there are no movies avaiailable to rent or buy just apps and games.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

On the Playbook you don't get the movies from BBWorld. There is a separate Video Store app powered by Rovio. It's not a downloadable app. It came preinstalled with my Playbook. If it's missing then the only way to add it is to reinstall the OS. However, it could be location dependent. Where are you located?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Austin, TX USA

I got the PB used and it has a video icon that has files but no video store. I setup the BB Rovio account at BB but there is not a place to launch it on PB. Or do I need to add something?

Guru II

I have three Playbook and all three have the video store icon. It looks like a bag with a strip of film on it.

If it's not in a folder or on the second page then you'd have to reload the OS in order to bring it back.

Contributor

Ok so I full back up the PB

Did restore factory software thru BB link

restart then upgarde OS to 1917

still no Video Store

Any other ideas?

Guru II

[ Edited ]

Does your Playbook have the pre-installed wallpapers folder in the Pictures folder?

Contributor

No, just a folder with woodtone background.