Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: How do I right-click in PlayBook's browser?

if you click and hold your finger, it opens the context menu, just as any right click.

but it's true that it does not work as intended in flash games.

what mobile devices support the right click exactly?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

really...how could that have worked there is no f10 one the pb
Guru I

what is F10 supposed to do?
It does not do anything on my PC.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor

on the a pc/mac f10 makes a browser window full size and f5 refreshs it
Guru I

F10 does nothing on my PC. F11 does full screen.

but I never use them, I use the mouse and click on the relevant button. And I use my finger on the tablet.

Super Contributor

ya you're right it is f11...shows that I rarely use it either 8-p
Guru I

I honestly do not understand why you blame a tablet for not to have a key, that you do not even use on your computer.

Super Contributor

Is this directed to me? I was the one who pointed out that the pb did not have an f10 key...I did not think there was one nor want there to be one....I was just confused why people were talking about any of the function keys when they are none existant on the tablet.
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Dna

And from a consumer perspective, if the choice is given I'd rather use the products of a company that respects me and is able to cope with whatever browser I am using. With or without right click.

Context menus have been around since windows at least, and are a smart way to gain option shortcuts on any object. The interface type does not require a right mouse button, though it is the easiest. How come device makers started leaving out these great menu types, crippling users. Your browser that has no right click does not respect your wishes to visit any advanced js website.

As a developer I know to make sure most people can visit and use all functionality intended for them. But I did end up with a large horizontal row of icons for a system if right click was not supported, which is ugly and hardly functional. Because to select "delete" on these smaller screens tablets have you need to zoom in to use normal sized fingers... But zoomed in it is sometimes difficult to stick to the correct row. This problem is less when I can context click the name. What I often did was stating to deliver a functional website for admins on mobile devices and fully functional for all customers (ie6 and more modern) and admins on any modern browser.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, assuming you actually work for RIM on tech support, don't you think that would be a reasonable feature or bug reuest to raise? I assume a problem reporting process exists there.

From a market point of view, you must know "flash support" is a selling point of the undersold playbook and that sites exist that require a right mouse click.

This may be your chance in a small way to make a difference.Smiley Wink.

Anyway, if I were the asker, I would not consider the question "solved". 

I was quite happy to find a site that works well on my playbook, which by the way, I bought at full price, only to find out, the edit functionality to record games needs a right click.

The site was http://obaghchal.com/computer

I was unable to get http://www.playok.com/en/shogi/ to work on my play book but i did not yet find out if that was because of performance or because of a lack of the use of a right click.

Another feature that would reduce user frustration would be a RIM implemented process manager. In fact the 

Playbook freezes very often and bad process often need to be killed. Its annoying to be forced to reset the playbook all the time.

I really want RIM to rebound.