Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® 16GB PlayBook 1716101
My Carrier: Eastlink

How do you save account login information on Playbook browser favorites

Just got the new playbook. BlackBerry 16GB PlayBook 1716101    

One thing I wanted to use it for was for a lot of banking sites and other sites which require an id and password. With my laptop I can seem to set my browser to save the cookies and when I go to the site all I need to do is remember my password. With the Playbook, I go to these sites,  put in the acct info and password...request browser to remember this id ( so I don't have to type in 16 character acct #'s every time). It asks me a skill testing question and you would think you are saved. 

The next time I go in to these accounts....gone. It really takes the good out of the browsing experience if you have to make 25 -30 keystrokes to get to the site you want. This is true of banking accounts, and other sites which ask for an id and passowrd. It can not seem to ever remember me.

Thanks for any tips!   Is there some setting I am missing here in my setup or settings/

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Re: How do you save account login information on Playbook browser favorites

I have seen it save it on some sites and not others. I am assuming that you are selecting the remember me on this computer box when available.

What I have found is that the cookie from some secure sites is not saving. I have not pursued it because has not been a big challenge for me.

I am adding my experiences in case someone with more experience or knowledge can identify something.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® 16GB PlayBook 1716101
My Carrier: Eastlink

Yes, selecting the "Remember Me"   function. It seems like it can not remember me for any of the sites I try..... Banking, Twitter, Globe and Mail etc...

Tapping in a bank card or userid, pwd every time is a pain and I am sure there must be a way. Does not seem to be a big issue to others on the forums though.

Contributor
My Device: Passport and Z10
My Carrier: Rogers / Thunder Bay Tel

I thought I was doing something wrong until I decided to check the support forum.

Not saving name/password info is ridiculous! As others have mentioned, having to re-enter banking login info every time in a real pain.

I can see RIM not saving the info as a security precaution, but at least give us the choice.

RIM dev's... please fix this!!! (or at least make it an option, even if it's set to no by default).