Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange

How to delete apps permanently?

My friends thought it would be funny to download an app on sex advice, and I can't get rid of itSmiley Sad. I've uninstalled it, but it's still in my app world! My dad goes on my PlayBook quite often and I don't want him seeing it! Is there any way that i can delete it permanently out of my app world so he can't see it?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: How to delete apps permanently?

No. You will have to run the PlayBook through a shredder before your dad gets his hands on it again. Or you can go out and buy him his own. He would love that.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

if you do a security wipe and change your bbid your app history will be lost... but u will loose any apps u purchased as well from that id.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

ignites is correct, you would have to change your BBID for that, which also includes

- doing a security wipe

- changing the BBID on your PlayBook, with new mail address etc

- losing all your apps and data, if you haven't secured it somewhere

OR:

- you could ask the app world support if they can delete that entry from your app world. could take a while though (like a few weeks).the mail address is sth like support@app-world (+sth with blackberry, I forgot)

OR

- you could tell your dad Smiley Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

just tell you dad the truth, its easier in the long run

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

It is likely dad's PlayBook. If you do the Security Wipe on it, you will really be in trouble.