Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

How to stop videos with online newspaper articles from playing automatically

When I am reading an article in an online newspaper and a video is attached to the article, the video starts playing automatically. How can I stop the videos from playing, or is the problem with the newspaper? I am usually not interested in the videos.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: How to stop videos with online newspaper articles from playing automatically

Generally sites should not start playing video when the Page is opened it's poor practice.

You could turn off a few permissions under settings which will stop a few of them (I.e. those that use flash) but it may spoil your experience in other ways or cause pages to be displayed incorrectly.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: How to stop videos with online newspaper articles from playing automatically

Origami browser has a quick Flash and/or Javascript toggle button (booster) . I have mine set to turn off Flash only. 
It also has a virtual scrollpad you can turn on which means if you start your scroll from the grey dead spot you will never link to other pages accidentally. 

If you prefer mobile or desktop versions of the paper you can choose either mode. These settings are all under the quick settings icon (3 lines)

The Adblock is very powerful.

It's free. http://www.playbookappcircus.com/search/interview

Sarah.