Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Video Chat

markyg wrote:

The idea that I can't video chat between my own playbooks is incomprehensible.

Wait, who said you couldn't?

I can.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: multiple

I seem to recall you making a claim...

"Couldn't be simpler."

Your idea of 'simple' is more like the English word impossible.

Anyway if it can be done then why have you not shared it. I suggest it can't be done as no one has provided a solution yet and it has been years.

markyg wrote:

Your idea of 'simple' is more like the English word impossible.

Anyway if it can be done then why have you not shared it. I suggest it can't be done as no one has provided a solution yet and it has been years.

Don't be a putz. You haven't read this thread where the requirements are explained several times, from the very beginning of thread where I state "couldn't be simpler".

The simple thing you need to do is read this thread completely without first jumping to denigrate another user who's trying to help you.

To get help, you'll need to explain in detail what you've tried, what's not working and what errors you see.

Are you on the same router?

Same BBID on both devices?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

"You haven't read this thread where the requirements are explained several times, from the very beginning of thread where I state "couldn't be simpler"."

Requirements are you crazy? I defined the requirements. They are clearly stated. Your solutions ignored the requirements.

Look this was never explained simply because it can't be done. if it could have been done it probably would have been explained by a user. As for your contribution, it has not been helpful.

Now you are simply being foolish.

JSanders wrote:

markyg wrote:

I really don't think it is possible to make a website harder to navigate!

This whole support forum seems completely disorganized and I have no idea where to post this query.

I can't figure out how video chat is suppose to work. I have two playbooks next to each other and I SIMPLY CAN'T FUGURE OUT HOW TO CALL EITHER OF THEM FROM THE OTHER.

I think this should be incredibly easy so what the hell was Blackberry thinking? This is the kind of **bleep** that causes users to go over to Apple.

I have two bloody playbooks next to each other and I can't video chat. How the hell can I get them to talk over distance?

I am incredibly frustrated this really sucks!

umm... you're asking for help but first you have to criticize? not cool.

lol, you started with your criticism and childish comments a year ago, and you're still at it.

Posts # 2, 5, 9, 16 and others have assisted you, you can't be kind and even say thanks, and you keep coming back to kick the messenger.

Please, If you really need help from this point forward, you will learn to be kind and civil.

Knowledge Base Updates
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

my children must be brilliant at age 7 to be able to vid chat with each other

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

knottyrope wrote:

my children must be brilliant at age 7 to be able to vid chat with each other

Smiley Happy

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I can video chat between my two PlayBook, and I can even video between the Playbooks and the Z10, and it was not a problem setting it up ( to think of it all I did was to press connect ;-) ) and it work flawlessly since

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Regular Contributor

Posts # 2, 5, 9, 16 and others have assisted you

Look these post were at the very best of no help, at the worst they were obstructive. they don't deserve any sort of thanks as there was no effort to help. The truth of the matter is you know the problem and you don't know a solution. why don't you just admit that.

Regular Contributor

I'm sorry, did I miss your solution to the problem I have?