Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 gig
My Carrier: none

I changed my Blackberry ID email and now I no longer get receipts for appworld purchases for my Playbook 32 gig

Hi:  I recently changed my ISP and hence my email address.  I changed the Blackberry ID to the appropriate new email address, however, now I no longer receive receipts for apps that I purchase.  How do I go about having appworld send receipts to my new email address?

Thanks for any help Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: I changed my Blackberry ID email and now I no longer get receipts for appworld purchases for my Playbook 32 gig

First change your bbid online (laptop!)

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/change-blackberry-id-username/

Then backup playbook, Wipe it, then setup with the new bbid, then restore.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26694

Sarah.
New Contributor

Re: I changed my Blackberry ID email and now I no longer get receipts for appworld purchases for my Playbook 32 gig

Thank you Sarah Smiley Happy  I was hoping for a less time-intensive method, such as having a rep from BB do it (ha ha).  In reality the issue should not happen at all and shows a lack of cohesive integration between BBID and Appworld. Changing the ID should automatically change the purchase info without having to jump through such large hoops.

However, I know that your suggestion will work so I had better start backing up Smiley Happy

Have a good day, and thanks again.

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Sweet.

Please mark as solution when you succeed. 

Sarah.
New Contributor

I will do that when I am done,

However, just got called to work (oilrig camp) and will likely be out for a month.  My BB is not done backing up yet, so it will be awhile before I get to restore.  So, if you do not see it posted as solved, know that it will be.

Gord