Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Wightman
Accepted Solution

Importing Contacts

Hello,  When I access emial via Webmail+Browser, I have a list of contacts. How do import those into my Contacts on the Playbook so they'll be available when I access emial via Messages???  Thanks!!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Importing Contacts

what email service are you on?

i have found it best to use Outlook.com as it supports Exchange Actve Sync which will get your contacts on the device

gmail blocks EAS and once I found this out i switched to Outlook.com

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Unclear as to relevance, but my ISP is Wightman Telecom.

I see there is a lot of previous discussion on this forum about the issue I'm up against, but I can't find anything approaching a resolution.

Still looking for help, --anything short of manually entering all of my 200-or-so contacts manually :-(   :-(

TIA for help!

Ch.S.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

The relevance is that

1. Contacts are syncronised from an email account. They are volatile. they are not stored permanently. You will waste time copying or typing them in and they can't be backed up reliably. Contacts must be stored in your webmail account database. 

2. Some email providers particularly Gmail, have turned off contact and ca,endar sync.  Hotmail on tbe other hand works beautifully with playbook

So what is your EMAIL provider? In other words what is after the @ sign in your email address?

thanks...   it's   @wightman.ca

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

That seems to be pop3 like hotmail. If you have a contacts file in your email (when you log in on a browser) containg your contacts they should automatically appear on playbook contacts app when you set up your account in Messages app - unless there's a Canadian local who knows different...

Yes, it is a POP account. I'd be a happy camper if they showed up automagically, but I've had the account set up on the PlayBook for some time now, and the Contacts list remains empty. Hence my inquiry here...!

Thanks,

Ch.S.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

lots of ISP dont give you enough for what you really want to do, they have their contacts in webform but not in a way to use on mobile devices

I ran into the sameissue with Verizon, Comcast and AT&T.

I use Outlook.com to pull my messages from those accounts and get everything to sync with my phone, tablet and use the webmail on PC when needed.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Maybe I could try something simpler (I hope!)

When I have a new incoming e-mail in Messages, can I somehow save the sender's e-address as a Contact?

Thanks, Ch.S.

Guru III
My Device:

yes you could do that, but it might not stay as a contact forever unless it syncs to a cloud service