Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

Install Error 0008 (Urgent)

Hi, 

We rolled an update out to one of our Playbook products yesterday and since then we have been contacted by a number of users informing us that they are receiving an "Instal Error: [0008]". We have confirmed that the error does indeed occur by testing this ourselves. Could you please let us know if there is a solution to this problem as we want to keep our customers happy. Note that our OS version is 1.0.7.2942

Thanks

Mat

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Install Error 0008 (Urgent)

Please see this thread, which was in the top threads with the same name when you posted: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Install-Error-0008/m-p/1293139

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

Thanks for pointing me to the thread although it looks the issue hasn't yet been resolved. Unfortunately I was on an incredibly busy schedule earlier today and did not have the time to read through the forums

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have the same error with the application GTD assistant. 0008. Sent an email to support no reply. Called RIM they requested my logs and a screen shot. followed up today and it is with the senior analyst now.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 8Gb

I have the same error - GolfScorer. I will contact RIM support too, but if anyone here gets a fix, please post it here. 

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

The Box.net people appear to have resolved it, perhaps with assistance from RIM. They issued a release 3.0 which works.

It's a bit odd nobody from either organization has posted here to assist others in resolving the same problem with other apps. (Or did we just miss it?)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

We have emailed both but no response as of yet. Its been the weekend though so best to give it a few more days.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: blackberry

FIX 0008 ERROR IN PLAYBOOK..

Go to settings..security<Development mode<Use development mode ON..