Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32Gb
My Carrier: None - WiFi only

Re: Install Error: [0008] loading Free MAQ software Irish & Portuguese dialogs

Lost_at_Sea wrote:

They May have emailed you a receipt. Find it. There is an email address on it that you can use to contact the developer. If there is no receipt, on the opening screen of the installation, there may be an email address there. They are usually good at replying in a short time like a few days.

Ahhh ... first I'd have to see an opening screen, wouldn't I?!!

The issue here is that it doesn't fully install, gives the quoted message and when it does claim to be an installed App it just shows a black screen.

Somebody seems to have loaded the Portuguese one, as they've left a comment.....

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

macliam wrote:

aandras wrote:
When you get the andriod recent programs did you select the MAQ app.

??? - what MAQ app??

What is the app you are talking about?  Look atbthevtopic.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I just downloaded and installed the Portuguese MAQ. Installed and working.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32Gb
My Carrier: None - WiFi only

aandras wrote:
I just downloaded and installed the Portuguese MAQ. Installed and working.

Well, no matter how many 3-button resets I do, re-installing follows the same pattern....50% and bang, 0008

As a test, I tried re-installing another deleted App ...straight through, no problem.

Is there a way to do a complete fresh install, rather than try to re-install the failed Apps?

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: blackberry

FIX 0008 ERROR IN PLAYBOOK..

Go to settings..security<Development mode<Use development mode ON..