Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Internet Tethering with z30

Recent purchase of z30, unable to get tethering with Play book. Is this available or am I missing something in my setup?
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: Internet Tethering with z30

[ Edited ]

Is your Z30 hotspot feature configured and enabled?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

lj6843 wrote:
Recent purchase of z30, unable to get tethering with Play book. Is this available or am I missing something in my setup?

Install BlackBerry Bridge on your Z30, and then you can use your PlayBook to navigate the internet and it will be using the phone internet connection, no need of tethering with any BB10 device

Or has it was suggested to you, you could also use the Horspot on the BB10 device to connect with the Internet, but it may involve additionnal charges from your carrier to either enable it and/or use of HOTSPOT

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: Z30

Thanks, I do have it working through the bridge connection. On my old blackberry it also worked with tethering.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

lj6843 wrote:

Thanks, I do have it working through the bridge connection. On my old blackberry it also worked with tethering.

I agree with you, on my Bold 9900 it was working with both, but we can not compare the BBOS and BB10, the BB10 is a completely new technology and the only thing in common between BB10 and BBOS is the name BlackBerry

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin