Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook 32G wifi
My Carrier: ?

Internet error message

I bought a playbook two days ago and got problem with internet, but can't find if it's from the rooter or the tablet itself. When I open the browser the first time it's working but then when i want to go on another website or when I click on the google button or if I enter the name of the website, then it crashes down and this message appears: erreur reseau inconnu, failure when receiving data from the peer. It happens also if I stay a long time on the same website. So yesterday I went back where I bought me tablet to exchange it for another same one, thinking it would be ok, but got the same problem over again. 

Did anyone experienced the same problem? Could it be my rooter/internet connexion or the playbook itself? Can't find nothing about this kind of problem on the internet and when I called the custommer service of bestbuy, they didn't know what to say, never heard about that problem..

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Internet error message

No,
Haven't experienced the same problem, if you want to figure out if its your router of PB, use another device and check how it goes
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi

Yeah, haven't got the time yet, but gonna try this tomorrow, hope it's gonna work
Developer

what brand router are you using? Belkin, ASUS, Cisco? Some routers "may" not work well with the PB
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi

I first had a D-link before the tablet, got too many problems with it so I changed for belkin, and thats the one I'm using now with my playbook. Our laptops and ipods are working great with the belkin but since 1-2 weeks the wifi isn't always working great on our laptop but no problem with the ipod..
Developer

Belkin... Not so sure.
I recommend contacting @BlackBerryHelp on twitter Smiley Happy