Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

Is RIM implementing BES enterprise security on all Playbooks

Is it possible that RIM is implementing BES enterprise strict security on all Playbooks even though they are not on BES? It seems like a lot of things that normally should work are not working and these are the same type of things that Corporate BES implements (not being able to open certain type attachments, not being able to click certain links, etc.).

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Is RIM implementing BES enterprise security on all Playbooks

RIM makes a secure product, no doubt in that. links wont open if sent in plain text emails. only HTML can have links.

As for attachments in bridge, there is only so much you can do with a blue tooth connection to transfer data.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

Knottyrope you missed my point.

I'm receiving email messages that have links, and I can click the link with my dump 8530 Smartphone and the links work and I can send an email approval, but in the PB bridge message application the links will not work. If it were txt vs. html then the links would not work on the 8530.

I can download Word, Excel, Pdf and Jpg attachments and open them in PB, but TXT attachments will not open. It has nothing to do with transfer data, you very seldom see a TXT file larger than a Word or Excel file.

I use my BIS 8530 Smartphone to receive Corporate email which I can send approvals or rejections via a link that sends a email response. Bridged PB messenger want do it. It does not make sense, the BB phone will.

I receive action email notices from a nationwide 811 service via TXT attachments and I open the attachments on my BIS 8530 Smartphone and dependent on the TXT content I forward to different associates. PB Bridge messages show unsupported file for Txt.

This is simple stuff, this is the kind of stuff we have been doing for years with Smartphone’s, PDA's and for some reason PB can't do it.

Having to deal with corporate IT department and their security policies can be very restrictive and I was just asking if it is possible that RIM is imposing BES security on all PB. As far as I'm concerned, I think this is possibly what's causing some of the issues. How can PB be so technologically advanced but it can open a simple TXT file and it classifies it as unsupported file type?