Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to create folders in the pictures app?

Since I got my Playbook I've been very impressed with the camera quality, way better than my phones 1.3. So I've been taking a lot of pictures. I have taken a lot of my car because I'm making a website for it and want a lot of pictures of it, I take some random ones just for the fun of it, and in school my friends take pictures of themselves with it (it blows the ipad 2's camera quality away) I'd like to put them in separate folders in the pictiures app so that way I don't have to go through all of them and if people want to see the pics they took in school they don't have to go through all of the ones of my stuff on there. I know there is automatically a folder for downloaded pictures, and another for wallpaper like if you got a wallpaper app and download pictures from it. All of my pictures I've taken are in the "camera pictures" folder, so is there a way I can create folders in the app and organize them?

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Is there a way to create folders in the pictures app?

You can use air browser (free) or someother file manager applications to create folders and move the files around...but the picture app itself doesn't let you as far as i know

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I do already have that app. If i use it to create more folders will they show up in the pictures app like the other factory folders do or are they different?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Rocking my Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

If you create the folders as a child within the main pictures folder, then they will show up in the app separately. I have many folders with pictures in.
You will need to move the photos manually - they will automatically go in the Camera folder.
Hope that helps.
Love Me - Love My BlackBerry
-------
Z10 OS Version: 10.0.10.690
Z10 Software Release: 10.10.90
PlayBook - 2.1.0.1526