Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Issues with the PB browser...

I have several issues with the PB browser...

1) I consistently can not launch the browser with a default homepage. The page simply doesn't load.

2) I consistently can not load a page from a saved bookmark

3) When lunching a new page by typing in a URL, it usually hangs with the status bar approx. 1/3 of the way across the screen.

I don't believe it is my router settings since I am able to connect to the internet with other devices attached to the same router. I am using Netgear WGR614v7 router.

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

Re: Issues with the PB browser...

That's good that you have tried various routers, so we can check how to help you.

First I would like you to hold on the Power button for 10 seconds so that the PlayBook Shuts down complettly then Press the Power Button again to start it (Hard Reset) that may fix it.

If it didn't, then I assume you may need to do a Free OS install (Take a backup before you do)
Lunch BlackBerry Desktop Manager (Download the latest) Shut down your PlayBook (Hold Power for 10 Seconds), Press the Power to run the PB again, you will get suddenly a message on Desktop Manager saying the OS is damaged or something like this (because PB is still loading) press Update fast.

That will install a clean OS and do a full wipe by itself, and the whole issue should be solved.
New Contributor

After doing a full wipe, I was unable to activate the PB --  no value in the drop down when selecting a licensing agreement by by country and by language. I am done. This thing is going back to the store. Between the browser issues and this latest development, I will wait for the next version of PB.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

So you didn't do what Spy520 suggested, then?

The OS would have loaded directly from your PC if you had without the dropdown issue. This has been identified on some PlayBooks in the past and they were recalled.

Also, did you try contacting BB support about the browser issue? I have found that if you're technically able, as you seem to he, they can be quite helpful and create a dialogue.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

@cas118

How can we reach the PB support? Because we don't have one in our country.
Developer

Sorry, didn't see what country you're in.

Have you tried contacting US support through the website?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

Umm, what website, even if there is a US telephone number would be more than happy to contact them, because I need a serious support with my BBID issue.
Developer

http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 / Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Yes ! it's both camera's but they do load from time to time or after a hard reset .

New Contributor

I was unable to get the OS to load from the desktop as suggested. Once I was unable to activate the PB after a full wipe, it was basically game over. I tried reload it from the DM but it recognizes the PB is not yet activated. The message suggests unplugging it and let it finishes the activation process. Obviously, it was not feasible under the circumstance.