Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: virgin
Accepted Solution

Keep signed in

When I click on "Keep me signed in", for example when entering username and password for Facebook, it doesn't work next time.

How can I enable this feature?  Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: Keep signed in

It really depends on how the site and the browser interract. It's usually a cookie with maybe  some other local storage. If you have accept cookies on and save history etc for at least a week then many but not all sites will remember you. 

Don't use the Facebook app, use a browser

I may come in for more criticism for pushing it, but I find Origami Browser remembers me in sites better than the stock browser. Set to Desktop mode. 

Sarah.
New Contributor

Thanks Sarah. You are right that it's a problem of turning off the 'clear cache','clear cookies' etc., in the privacy settings area, but I can't find a way of saving my settings. Each time I turn them off they're reinstalled.
Thanks
Super Contributor

Clear Cache, Clear Cookies are not settings they are one off instructions.  Leave them alone and the cookies will stay. Have you tried Origami Browser?

Sarah.
New Contributor

No, but I shall.
Strangely the problem has disappeared because when I now click on Facebook in my bookmarks it takes me straight in, and is no longer asking me to log on. Thanks for the advice.