Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Keyboard from The Source, need it online

The subject line says it all. I would love to have an "official"  Playbook Bluetooth Keyboard as I understand that the aftermarket items are kind of iffy on functionality. The Source.CA has them for sale but here's the catch--- instore only, no internet sales.

First of all I don't understand why and second I am too, too far from a store.

Does anyone have any knowledge as to whether or not these sales may open up online? If so, when?

I don't need the keyboard or the case. The virtual keyboard works fine for me and I have the Blackberry leather case already but , for some reason, I've taken it as a personal quest  to get one of those keyboards.

Any info appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16 gb
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Keyboard from The Source, need it online

I don't have an answer, I'm afraid, but do you have a link to the sale on thesource.ca? I can't find it.

Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i did a search for some online and ebay has some listed

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-ca&catalog=online&category=BBPlaybook-Access...

Here is a link to the "official Blackberry Playbook Bluetooth Keyboard". I just had an online chat with someone from the store and not only are they not for sale online, they are just not for sale period. They don't have any. All I was able to learn was to check back .

Contributor

I may just have to give up on this. The Source.Ca will not sell these keyboards online and after calling some of the stores that show one item to be in stock I have found one store inBritish Columbia that actually has one. They will not take my credit card info over the phone nor will they accept a check nor will they accept cash as I am in the States. according to the store manager that i spoke with Best Buy is some type of sister store, I assume owned by the same corporation but, of course, Best Buy doesn't even recognize the query online.

I am pretty well stumped at this point. Any suggetions? I saw one on eBay for twice the price (forget it) and every other bluetooth keyboard is an aftermarket item and I understand that they do not alwasys work.

If anyone has seen a stash of "official Balckberry Playbook Bluetooth Keyboard"s let me know.

Super Contributor

When a tablet becomes obsolescent the peripheral makers will stop manufacturing and sooner or later the supply will run out. Soon we will have no cases, rapid chargers etc either.

Personally I don't see the point in a tablet with a keyboard, (and Microsoft are finding out that millions think the same way. )

Sarah.
Contributor

Thank you Sarah. I know all of that and if you had read my original post you would read that I really do not NEED the keyboard as the virtual one works great it's just something that I would like to have. 

I was trying to acquire one now as time is running out for the Playbook as you stated in your post.

Contributor

It seems pretty obvious to me, at this point in time, that I am not going to find an "official Blackberry Playbook Bluetooth Keyboard" so I'm going to ask the forum members if any have an aftermarket type bluetooth keyboard and case combination that consistently works for them.

I have read that these are spotty in connecting and operating, dropping the signal ot otherwise less than usable .

I'm sure that someone (and thanks ahead of time) will chime in just spend the $30 and try your luck but I'm hoping to use the experience of those who have tried already and either love them or hate them.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.