Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Re: Kobo

Mine never stopped working - Kitchener, Ontario

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T Mobile

I can access the store and tried to download a free book....didn't work.  My library is empty and "refresh" doesn't work.  I'm in Illinois...

I notice now only version 1.0 is available for Kobo...I thought I had something higher loaded before???

I guess it's a good think I still have my Sony ereader.  Of course, I purchased the PB so I wouldn't have to have a seperate device for everything!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am also experiencing issues - no library and no ability to download.  Any news re when it might be fiexed?

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Swisscom

Hi

Kobo now  works for me, after a lot of trying. I don't know if any of these steps had any influence in making it work, but hey, if it did, it did:

1) I had tried to deinstall and reinstall Kobo before. Funnily enough, once the reinstalled application was opened, my old log in / account details were still in there. Didn't think much of that at that time, but Kobo refused to synch up still.

2) I then did a security wipe, to fix another problem, and found that kobo was gone, so apparently the de-install hadn't worked properly => Note: after Kobo deinstall, do a security wipe to remove it completely.(back up the lot though!)

3) I then reinstalled Kobo and tried to synch, that was still taking a very long time without results.

4) I then went into Kobo online through the internet and removed 14 of my 24 books from the library and left ten, thinking that perhaps the sheer amount was the issue.

5) Signed out and signed in again into Kobo on the PB and left it to run to and not a very long time later the books showed up and then started downloading the one by one.

Like I said, don't know if any of these steps did anything or if it was just a fluke, but it is all working now.

Good luck!

Thomas

Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: telus

Still nothing!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Swisscom
Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: telus

Yes I received that info on another forum and I was able to retrieve my library.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you!  It almost worked for me - able to retrieve all but two of the books I wanted to keep.

Contributor
My Device: playbook, 32 gig
My Carrier: sasktel

FINALLY!!! OMG, I can't believe it! Thank you for all your help, crackberry...and Jared! I also downloaded the adobe digital edition...and put all of my books on there, incase this deal goes wrong again. I had no problems accessing the books in that form on my playbook too...so, we don't need Kobo any more. I for one, won't be relying on the company that gladly took my money and ignored my requests for help. I never did get a reply to my inqueries, which means they don't want any more of my money. I am grateful for everyone's help.
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Finally, kobo has an update to 1.3.1. It is working and able to download books, check you app world!

Sean