11-14-2011 10:39 AM
I can access the store and tried to download a free book....didn't work. My library is empty and "refresh" doesn't work. I'm in Illinois...
I notice now only version 1.0 is available for Kobo...I thought I had something higher loaded before???
I guess it's a good think I still have my Sony ereader. Of course, I purchased the PB so I wouldn't have to have a seperate device for everything!
11-15-2011 03:42 AM
Kobo now works for me, after a lot of trying. I don't know if any of these steps had any influence in making it work, but hey, if it did, it did:
1) I had tried to deinstall and reinstall Kobo before. Funnily enough, once the reinstalled application was opened, my old log in / account details were still in there. Didn't think much of that at that time, but Kobo refused to synch up still.
2) I then did a security wipe, to fix another problem, and found that kobo was gone, so apparently the de-install hadn't worked properly => Note: after Kobo deinstall, do a security wipe to remove it completely.(back up the lot though!)
3) I then reinstalled Kobo and tried to synch, that was still taking a very long time without results.
4) I then went into Kobo online through the internet and removed 14 of my 24 books from the library and left ten, thinking that perhaps the sheer amount was the issue.
5) Signed out and signed in again into Kobo on the PB and left it to run to and not a very long time later the books showed up and then started downloading the one by one.
Like I said, don't know if any of these steps did anything or if it was just a fluke, but it is all working now.
11-16-2011 09:36 PM