Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: sprint

LMFAO!

[ Edited ]

The BB playbook is beyond poor performance in my honest opinion. Save yourself the aggravation and go buy an ipad. There's a reason that they are more expensive, they work!

I keep getting system hangs, keyboard malfunctions, crashes, App world stopped working, problems with volume controls and screen positioning and sensitivity problem.

What a joke you guys are. I've been as patient as I can ever be with this thing. All I want to do is smash this piece of s**t .

I really don't know how blackberry stays in buisiness. Actually now I know why, you guys sell your lies and promises on false information and deadlines on software and operating system upgrades to us consumers, and never come through.

Complete and total failure! 

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: LMFAO!

[ Edited ]

Smiley Sad  I also have a playbook and haven't had any issues and I'm trying to throw everything at it.  Apps, videos, files, web browsing, bluetooth, bridge, etc and its working great.  With your device, have you contacted technical support?

http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp  You may be able to get a replacement.  I don't work for RIM, sorry you're having problems with it.

My Device: Playbook - 16GB
My Carrier: AT&T

My Playbook is actually better than my iPad. My iPad gets sluggish on websites while browsing and my Playbook just revs along nice and speedy. My iPad will get sluggish and slow sometimes when coming out of any given app. And my iPad has iOS 5.1...the latest software. The iPad can't compare to the high-end hardware the Playbook uses. Audio quality, for instance, is processed by a Wolfson audio chip in the Playbook. No so with any iPad or Android tablet. If you aren't familar with Wolfson audio chips, they are the chip of choice for the highest end MP3/PMPs used by Cowon or other extreme performance media players. Your Playbook is an actual high-end media player that the best dedicated portable media players can't compare to. And for the low cost of it, the Playbook is a fantastic deal.

Don't take my word for it, get yourself a set of high-end IEMs (Shure SE310, 420, 530, Klipsch Image X5, X10,  Sleek Audio SA6, Ultimate Ears Triple fi-10, 700 or other hgih-end IEMs) and plug them into your Playbook and listen. Provided you have sufficient quality audio files, you will be blown away by how magnificent the sound quality actually is. It isn't by accident. The Playbook was engineered intelligently with superb hardware through and through. Just because BB lowered the cost of the Playbook to such a mind bogglingly low price in no way means the hardware isn't the best there is on the planet. BB is having hard times and the low prices are an attempt to get back in black.

You really have an outstanding piece of technology in your hands. That doesn't mean there aren't lemons from time to time. Return your for an exchange if you can or warranty exchange and enjoy the best tablet ever crafted. The Playbook OS and UI are different from the rest of the cookie-cutter tablets out there. It takes getting used to and is worth the effort.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you've got a product that works for you, great! Mine however don't work properly. And I'm just one of the many tens of thousands of people that are in the same boat with this product. And if you can't understand my aggravation and disappointment in blackberry and rim then you shouldn't be responding to this post in defense for them.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: N/A

Cleaned up this thread as it was getting out of hand. Please keep it clean and avoid any personal attacks.

Contributor

I'm glad that yours works for you wolf. However, mine doesn't. And I've tried support only to have them turn their backs on me. They will not honor a refund because the product is purchased over thirty days ago. I don't want a new one. Just my money back. I don't want to contribute my hard earned money to a company that completely lies about their product just to get sales.

Contributor

No problem, I'll try to be more constructive, but please keep the flames out.

Contributor

artsoucier wrote:

If you've got a product that works for you, great! Mine however don't work properly. And I'm just one of the many tens of thousands of people that are in the same boat with this product. And if you can't understand my aggravation and disappointment in blackberry and rim then you shouldn't be responding to this post in defense for them.

I know how you feel, I've been there with BB before. I owned a Pearl Flip phone...first ever BB phone for me...and it was so bad I swore off BB and couldn't imagine them ever being capable of producing anything good. I firmly believed BB produced the Pearl Flip for no other reason than to gauge how mych hate and derision they could withstand. I swore I would never have anything to do with BB ever again.

That was then, this is now.

When I bought my Playbook, I was intently trying to find an Android tablet I could afford ... under $300... and one which had a good display. All that I found under $300 suffered from horribly poor viewing angle. I finally gave up and considered a Playbook because the cheapest one was $200. I chose a 16GB instead of a larger capacity (big mistake) because I fully expected to be returning it after seeing how poor it was. But once I became familiar with the UI and all that makes up the Playbook...hardware quality, ease and simplicity of use, intelligent engineering decisions...I was hooked. I found it to be the best tablet experience I ever had. And the sound quality of the Playbook just absolutely blows my mind. An example, though, of that "intelligent engineering" is: The Playbook has dual stereo speakers on the front of the device pointed directly at the listener rather than one speaker on the side or back, like the others do. And they sound better than anything I've ever heard on a portable media device before.

My biggest issue with my Playbook right now is limited memory. I kick myself in the butt for not opting for a larger capacity verson. Nevertheless, BB has actually performed a miracle in me by turning me back to BB with the Playbook.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: att

Well thank you martylk for mentioning the word "lemmon" because there are no lemmon laws in this country.  My search to determine is Canadian companies have to honor the no lemmon laws starts now!

Contributor

Ripley2010 wrote:

Well thank you martylk for mentioning the word "lemmon" because there are no lemmon laws in this country.  My search to determine is Canadian companies have to honor the no lemmon laws starts now!

Lemmons happen, unfortunatley, from time to time on any product. The PB is no exception. And when a person gets a lemmon, it has the potential of clouding that person's whole perception of the product company and product line. I hate getting lemmons and have had a few. I simpithize with the OP and hope he/she will have their issue resolved. I want the OP to have the superb experience I've had with my Playbook. It isn't a perfect experience, there are some bugs with the latest OS, but it isn't enough to ruin the "superb" experience I'm having. I absolutely love the sound quality of the Playbook and am blown away that it has such sweet sound. I have all of the IEMs I've listed and can confirm the quality of sound.

Here is a link to a post listing all of the over-the-top hardware the Playbook employs:

http://goo.gl/S5tPJ