Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: sprint

Re: LMFAO!

Ill give them one point for the sound, it is amazing, the best. Yeah lemons do happen, but tens of thousands all at once? Somebody has to be responsible and step up to the plate. My next step is to contact my local news on the matter and see if they can find out why such an "amazing" piece of equipment, can be so faulty for so many.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: att

Oh don't misunderstand my friend... I'm very much a fan of BlackBerry.  I'm just a little disheartened that I've had to go through so much with this one.  I bought the PlayBook way bank on October 7th and even shelled out the $59.99 for the leather case and another $159.99 for the 2-years extended protection plan so I was committed to this purchase.

The nightmare for me started right away when less than 48 hours after purchase, I had to return and exchange it because of a significant instabilitiy despite wipe and reinstall several times and unfortunately, I'm not much better off this time either.  I've called countless times for support, posted I don't know how many times, and many wipes, resinstalls, upgrades, and headaches later, I've pretty well determined I've hit a dead end. 

Interestingly, both came from the same Office Depot right in the middle of them changing store locations so I'm kind of wondering if their supply of PlayBooks may have seen some recless handling during the chaos.  I don't know but what I do know is they won't help me beyond fixing today's problem and then the sun rises on tomorrow and I'm back there again.  I do not wish to do this until my 2 year protection plan is up.  I'd just assume work directly with RIM or a reseller of THEIR choosing, you know?

I'm just frustrated.  I LOVE my PlayBook and I want to USE it.  Smiley Mad

As far as the sound is concerned???  LOVE IT!  Look out BOSE!

Contributor

I also appreciate the positive feedback from all of you, I feel better knowing someone out there that has actually had problems with bb products in the past is responding to this instead of someone who hasn't.
Highlighted
Contributor

I got mine at a sprint store in December as a gift for my daughter. That was when the price dropped. Makes me wonder now why the price dropped. Hmmmmmmmm.