Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier
Accepted Solution

Latest OS for Playbook 1.0.8.6067

[ Edited ]

let us know what you find in this version

info

A new version of the BlackBerry® PlayBook OS is now available to all BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet users – BlackBerry PlayBook OS v1.0.8.6067. This free update can be downloaded over-the-air from your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

The BlackBerry PlayBook OS v1.0.8.6067 contains the following fixes and updates:

• Daylight savings time updates
  • Security updates as outlined in the BlackBerry Security Advisory KB29191

How to update your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Existing BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users will automatically receive a software update notification on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet status ribbon, or they can check for the software update at any time in the settings menu under “Software Updates”. Users who purchase and activate a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet on or after December 5, 2011 will automatically be updated to v1.0.8.6067 or later as part of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet setup process.

For users who are already running BlackBerry PlayBook v1.0.8.4985 or higher, the update to this new version (v1.0.8.6067) will include only the updates outlined above and is expected to take only a few minutes to install.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Latest OS for Playbook 1.0.8.6067

I found:

knottyrope wrote:

• Daylight savings time updates
  • Security updates as outlined in the BlackBerry Security Advisory KB29191

Smiley Happy

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

this is also a "fix" for the Dingleberry root access break. FUNNY HOW FAST RIM PLUGGED ROOT ACCESS BUT SO SLOW TO COME OUT WITH OS 2.0!!!!! So, do I root my device and find someone with Android OS that works, or keep hoping RIM comes out with os2.0? IS THERE A WAY TO GO BACK TO OLD 1.08 IF I WANT TO ROOT PLAYBOOK? A security wipe would probably force an update before could access PB from BB desktop software.... which seems to be required for Dingleberry to work
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

MiataMike wrote:
this is also a "fix" for the Dingleberry root access break. FUNNY HOW FAST RIM PLUGGED ROOT ACCESS BUT SO SLOW TO COME OUT WITH OS 2.0!!!!!

Hello MiataMike,

I do not find this funny. On the contrary, it is reassuring to see that priorities are set right.

If your house door is broken, fixing it is more important than buying a new TV set.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor

and hello to you Xandrex......
wouldn't you worry less seeing as the t.v. is not working anyway?
On a more serious note, Dingleberry can only be applied if someone has your playbook in their hands and physically connected by usb cord to a p.c. , and has your password..... Dingleberry is not applied by wifi or bluetooth. Once applied the playbook owner gets access to his own property. So "no" I am still not impressed with RIM's priorities. If you Dingleberry your playbook and run some form of Android then Google gets paid for the apps you buy....... RIM will get paid when we are able to download rimandroid apps from their own market. The fix is more about preserving future RIM profits then it is a security hole plug. Hey I used dingleberry as a verb and rimandroid as an adjective. Lets note the date for future reference.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

I was under the impression that mr dingleberry immediately posted another rooting solution after .6067 was issued. Does anyone know if that one worked? Given rim didn't issue another update does that mean it didn't work?

Trusted Contributor

it does appear that 2.0.6067 can be rooted.....
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

What do you mean fix to daylight savings time? It is a back office function, hidden to non-geeks. That is until you miss your flight on that faithful day. OK bad joke. But now that the world has already set the clocks for the season it was hardly a priority.

On the other hand, fixing a security issue quickly is commandable.
Contributor
My Device: Z30 & Passport
My Carrier: Telus

BUG: Soft-Standby actually reboots my Playbook. #annoying
Cheers,

Dave
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have plugged my Playbook into the PC and started up the BB Desktop software which tells me that I need an update.  However the update wont download.  I get the downloading screen but then get a message after 2min that the new OS has been unable to be downloaded.  Any ideas?