Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16G
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Library books

Thank you ! I was using Overdrive but I must have done something wrong (I'm new at this ) and could not access some books recently.

Have a great week !

Cherry

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: telus

[ Edited ]

Hi

Download Overdrive Media Console from your library and swipe down and click on 'get books' then select your library. 

I couldn't get this to work at first and now I can download library books really easily. 

My library support gave me a link to Stanford library, where they have instructions on how to do it.

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Optimum

Here are the links to the Overdrive instructions for the PlayBook:

http://www.overdrive.com/files/TestDrive/playbooksetup-P100.pdf

http://www.overdrive.com/files/TestDrive/playbookquickstart-P100.pdf

@}-`-,--
Web Development and Technical Services Librarian
New Contributor

Got it- thank you !

New Contributor

Got it working- thank you !

Cherry

My Device: blackberry playbook os
My Carrier: virgin

i recently downloaded an app to enable me to download library books.  as part of the purchase there were some updates which included to kobo.  now my kobo will not open.  anyone know why?

Regular Contributor

It doesn't sound like you downloaded Overdrive, which is the app that libraries use to lend ebooks.
@}-`-,--
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I had this problem, I deleted my existing Kobo app from my BB and then got it again from the app store.  After reinstalling and doing a complete power down and startup my problems were cured.  I hope this works for you.  It seems to me the KOBO app from BB has been updated and perhaps the version you got with you library version is an older version that does not work with BB operating system V 2.0

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: sympatico.ca

I'm having no luck with this. I've been at it off and on for months. I have ePUB on my Playbook as well as Overdrive. I have to get to their site from my browser.  The Overdrive on the PB doesn't seem to have much fundtionality.  The best I've been able to do is download a library book and it shows up on the PB Download. There is an open file instruction and it won't open. I don't seem to get it in Overdrive or ePUB. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I've tried many of the things suggested earlier - no luck. I think I need step by step instructions or Overdrive for Dummies.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Have you read these tutorials?

http://www.overdrive.com/files/TestDrive/playbooksetup-P100.pdf

http://www.overdrive.com/files/TestDrive/playbookquickstart-P100.pdf

In Overdrive ON YOUR PLAYBOOK, can you follow these instructions in particular?:

10. Authorize the PlayBook.
 Swipe from the top bezel down to open the Menu button, then tap App Settings.
 Under ‘eBook Options’, enter your Adobe ID credentials from Step 2, then tap Authorize.
 Swipe diagonally up and left from the center of the bottom bezel to go back to your bookshelf.

Note: If you reach the device limit for Adobe activations for a particular ID, create a new one using a fresh email address. These do not need to be functional. For example, PlayBook1@lib.org could become PlayBook1a@lib.org.

11. Setup ‘Get Books’ shortcut(s) to your OverDrive-powered site:
 Go to Menu > Get Books. Tap Add a Library.
 Use the search to find your library or consortium. Tap your library.
 Tap the star next to your digital collection website to save it to the ‘Get Books’ list.

Once the above is complete, all you should need to do is open Overdrive on the Playbook, swipe down, and select "get books." Click on your library and search, just as you would on the web. But it all has to be done on the Playbook. You can't download books to the PC and move them to the Playbook with Overdrive.

@}-`-,--