Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Z10 + Playbook
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Looking for Recommended Security Packages for PB (and phone)

Hello everyone,

I am hoping others have this same question possibly and haven't asked it too much (I tried to use the search method to look before I posted)...

Anyways, I have recently purchased a playbook and I really like it.  I will soon be developing for it using Adobe AIR (plus eclipse possibly) because I really like it's features and it doesn't feel like it was made for a person who can't handle real technology (like an ip...) ... but I digress. 

Back to my question: I am wondering if anyone here can suggest any good aftermarket security software for my playbook (besides the PB password lock).  I realize the PB has some very strong inherent security built in but do people typically get any other software?  If it's not too much trouble, could you let me know if you would use anything like that on a somewhat older torch (like one that was bought on the initial release date)?

I look forward to people's opinion and I thank everyone in advance.

A new guy to the forums/Old guy to BB

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Looking for Recommended Security Packages for PB (and phone)

There are no additional security packages.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Developer
My Device: Z10 + Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Appreciate the info. Smiley Happy
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

although the QNX OS is imune to virus attacks, you can have a virus infected file on it that windows could be affected by when you connect it to a PC.

so scanning the playbook with a PC is a good idea if you share files on it often like a USB drive

QNX virus info

http://www.qnx.com/developers/qnx4/qnx4kb/solution.html?code=834

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V