Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Loose connection for charging?

The connection of the wall outlet charger to my playbook never has been that "solid" but worked just fine. But not now. I have to wiggle and play with the coonection at the playbook to get it to charge, get it to give the lightening rod over the battery symbol. Suggestions? The thing is I am traveling in South America and there is no way I can find a replacement charger here.  I fear one day wiggling will not work then I am sol until I get back to North America in 3 weeks, augh. I am relying on my pb, I left my netbook behind. Any help would be appreciated.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Loose connection for charging?

See if you can purchase the charging pod. It uses the three pins on the bottom edge to recharge. You should be able To get one down there. When you return send the PB in for repairs to the micro usb connection. Sounds like the charging cable was maybe inserted the wrong way at some time.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Thank you for the advice. I have tried but cannot find one here. Will keep looking though. Other suggestions?

Oh, yes, the client is guilty again I suppose. I freely admit to not wanting to search for my glasses just to plug in the charger to my bb, so yes I do use the trial and error method. Of course I never force it in... But are you suggesting trial and error method is enough to cause this problem?(if so, bad dseign?)

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

A lot of devices use the micro USB connector and this is the weak link. If you do get the charging pod, apparently there are some that have magnetic contacts to grab the pins, this is the model you want. The PB micro connector port can be repaired. Contact RIM when you get home. Here is the contact info:
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support in Canada:
http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
Phone : 800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

The correct URL for the PlayBook support in France is:
http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-tablet/overview.jsp#!playbook-support