Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64MB
My Carrier: Shaw cable
Accepted Solution

Lost Data On Update

I purchased a PB 64MB for my wife mid January. Since then I have transferred music and pix from my PC, purchased a couple of books from Kobo and downloaded some free apps and one or two that I purchased. Went into BB Desktop today to check for updates and got 1.0.8 Bundle 6067 but in the course of that update there was a glitch and I was asked to redo the Playbook settings before the update could be installed. I did that and after update I had lost all music, all pix, the Kobo books and the purchased apps. I can do a Restore back to Jan. 15th, 2012 but it looks like anything purchased between than and now will be lost. The easy answer is that I should be backing up regularly but there shouldn't be this type on risk on a simple software update. BTW I can easily recover music and pix but the purchased stuff concerns me. Any guidance will be welcomed.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Lost Data On Update

[ Edited ]

I doubt they are lost, any purchased app can be downloaded again from app world

I have wiped many playbooks and always get the paid apps back.

I always backup an electronic device prior to an OS update, can never be too safe.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

it is the same thing with the books on Kobo, as long as you signin with the same e-mail they will all be there

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Bell

The paid apps will be available when you open App World. Go to My World and change
to Uninstalled. All the free apps and paid apps that you had installed in the previous installation will be there. The Kobo books should show ip in the library but I had one instance were it did not and doing a search for it and selecting it would give me the option to download it as opposed to purchasing it.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

music from the music store will be there as well. But there is a max # of times that they can be downloaded. This time download then copy and paste to a pc for later install.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Hi there

I upgraded but lost my apps. On appworld they are showing as installed but there is no icon on the home screen. When I switchboard uninstalled only one app is that there. I try to search for the missing apps in app world but there is no option to reinstall as I believe it thinks it is already index. Many thanks.
New Contributor

Hi there

I upgraded but lost my apps. On appworld they are showing as installed but there is no icon on the home screen. When I switchboard uninstalled only one app is that there. I try to search for the missing apps in app world but there is no option to reinstall as I believe it thinks it is already index. Many thanks.
New Contributor

Sorry for the double post. Fixed by deleting or uninstalling and then reinstalling.
Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Bell

I found after upgrade some of my icons moved to the second screen as I was trying to group them I accidentally swiped left and found another 15 icons there.